• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Modern Batman Thread

842 posts in this topic

While sorting out boxes of stuff today I found the Dark Knight #1, so I thought I would sit down and read a Batman comic. The 1st one since the end of the Hush storyline, I actually enjoyed it.

Good call Gav, I want to read #2 now.... (thumbs u

It has the makings of a good book, looking forward to #3. I mean #1. meh

I read Detective 878, 879, and 880 over the last two days. 879 and 880 are probably the best issues since Dini's one-shots and the Batwoman arcs. The Joker portrayal in 880 is outstanding. Now I'm really looking forward to 881 and dreading a bit the impending reboot.

I read Detective 878, 879, and 880 over the last two days. 879 and 880 are probably the best issues since Dini's one-shots and the Batwoman arcs. The Joker portrayal in 880 is outstanding. Now I'm really looking forward to 881 and dreading a bit the impending reboot.

Yeh, but Scott Snyder will be writing Batman, so no worries... :headbang:

Yeh, but Scott Snyder will be writing Batman, so no worries... :headbang:

I picked up a handful of Snyder's run on Tec and though it was fantastic. I think it will read very well in trade. I was still disappointed that was under the cowl though.

So anyone fancy bringing me up to date on what's happened since DC renumbered their books? How are the Bat titles holding up? I haven't bought a book since then so I've no idea what's happening.

So anyone fancy bringing me up to date on what's happened since DC renumbered their books? How are the Bat titles holding up? I haven't bought a book since then so I've no idea what's happening.

Batman has been the best with the "Court of Owls" storyline, it has also been more "Detective then Detective" if you get my drift.

Detective Comics started off with the Dollmaker storyline which I was in 2 minds about, but since issue #5 it has changed direction and I am starting to enjoy the title more.

Batman & Robin I have only read the first 2 issues but that continues to explore the relationship between Bruce & Damien.

The Dark Knight, have only read issue #1 and that was so long ago I can't remember it! lol

Batwoman, the art is really good, the story is a very slow burner.

They're the only Bat related title I read.

So what happens in 'em Chris?! I want to be inspired into buying the trades or cheap reader runs. Review 'em! Scan em! Keep this thread going man!

:preach: Hiyo!

Re-number? They destroyed a long-standing multiverse to pander to movie-goer's ignorance and sometime arrogant-stance of the characters/title life-careers in the comics-medium...

Search your feelings... you know this to be true!

You have done well... complete your training; you are not yet ready to face them yet!

So what happens in 'em Chris?! I want to be inspired into buying the trades or cheap reader runs. Review 'em! Scan em! Keep this thread going man!

Ok, well read Batman, read Batman, read Batman! This is definate one for you to read.

I know Andrew doesn't agree with the whole Court of Owls backstory but its really a great story, probably the first one I've enjoyed since Hush in the grand scheme of things. Lots of detective work done by Batman, great story telling. This is the one of the relaunch for me.

Batman & Robin - just read #4 last night, still in two minds about this. I don't like the way Batman is getting his handed to him by Morgan every issue it seems. Not sure if I like the dynamic between Bruce & Damian, its a case of seen it already with Jason Todd all those years ago. I have upto issue #8 of this and will read those before I decide if I want to dump it or not.

Ok, well read Batman, read Batman, read Batman! This is definate one for you to read.

I know Andrew doesn't agree with the whole Court of Owls backstory but its really a great story, probably the first one I've enjoyed since Hush in the grand scheme of things. Lots of detective work done by Batman, great story telling. This is the one of the relaunch for me.

Batman & Robin - just read #4 last night, still in two minds about this. I don't like the way Batman is getting his handed to him by Morgan every issue it seems. Not sure if I like the dynamic between Bruce & Damian, its a case of seen it already with Jason Todd all those years ago. I have upto issue #8 of this and will read those before I decide if I want to dump it or not.

Keep reading. By the end of the arc you won't feel that way. It ends with sort of a :o moment.