• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Modern Batman Thread

842 posts in this topic

I've cancelled Batman The Dark Knight. Just not as good as vol 1, I've not enjoyed the story at all and just found it boring to be honest.

Batman is still the number 1 title for me as the excellent Court of Owls continues but it is closely being followed by Batman & Robin which has really taken it up several notches and is a great read, almost each issue is left on a cliffhanger.

Batwoman is still looking pretty but its a slow slow story, I'm really wanting something to happen.

DC is changing writers on The Dark Knight. Greg Hurwitz is taking over next issue. He wrote that great Penguin Mini that came out last year. I was about to drop TDK, but will stick it out a little longer.

I've got that many titles on my list it could use a trim.

Let me know if it gets better and I'll pick up a trade or something.

I know what you mean. I need to trim my list as well. I hate to drop a Batbook. I did drop Batman Confidential after 30+ issues though. I didn't pick up Batwing or Red Hood when the New 52 started either. Won't be long before they get cancelled anyways.

I'll let you know if TDK picks up. I'll give it about 3 issues.

Did I miss something in regards to the Batman Annual #1 with Mr. Freeze? The book hints at him being attacked by the Court, but I haven't seen anything like that in my reading of the series thus far.

Did I miss something in regards to the Batman Annual #1 with Mr. Freeze? The book hints at him being attacked by the Court, but I haven't seen anything like that in my reading of the series thus far.

from what i remember, freeze's interactions with the owls were before batman knew of them.

Read Red Hood and the Outlaws #9 for an explanation.

I didn't know the new continuity was only supposed to be 5 years old.

I knew that the Justice League story was when the Justice League first met, but I wasn't aware that the other titles were supposed to be on the 5 year timeline.

I knew that the Justice League story was when the Justice League first met, but I wasn't aware that the other titles were supposed to be on the 5 year timeline.

That was my understanding, but I could be wrong.

This sounds interesting.

batmannd.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be precise, we have seen the Joker since the New 52 launch...mostly "parts" of him. But now we're getting not just a bloody cut-off face, not just a string of flashbacks, but the actual real deal ready to confront the Caped Crusader with God-knows-what new atrocity. And DC Comics promises that his reappearance, which starts in Batman #13, will be the most twisted, horrifying Joker tale yet. Which, for a guy who killed Robin and crippled Batgirl, is no small shakes. Says "Batman" writer Scott Snyder about the story arc that he refers to as his "Killing Joke":

"Bottom line: it's the biggest, baddest, most shocking Joker story I could tell. This is Joker completely unleashed. He has been away for a full year planning this revenge, watching, plotting, setting things up. And now he's back. He has his traps set, his knives sharpened... And wait 'til you see him."

The story, called "Death of the Family," launches in October and artists Greg Capullo and Jonathan Glapion are also "in on the joke." Will the Joker set his homicidal sights on the "Bat Family"? What does he look like after his "face-lift" courtesy of Dollmaker? And what will happen when Batman and Joker finally "Face-Off"? Will Bruce Wayne be able to "face" the facts?

That was my understanding, but I could be wrong.

some of the books had ten years. Justice League was set 5 years in the past and then it move froward 5 years to the present time. if i remember the only books that have more then 5 years are the ones that didn't change that much within the relaunch.

This sounds interesting.

batmannd.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be precise, we have seen the Joker since the New 52 launch...mostly "parts" of him. But now we're getting not just a bloody cut-off face, not just a string of flashbacks, but the actual real deal ready to confront the Caped Crusader with God-knows-what new atrocity. And DC Comics promises that his reappearance, which starts in Batman #13, will be the most twisted, horrifying Joker tale yet. Which, for a guy who killed Robin and crippled Batgirl, is no small shakes. Says "Batman" writer Scott Snyder about the story arc that he refers to as his "Killing Joke":

"Bottom line: it's the biggest, baddest, most shocking Joker story I could tell. This is Joker completely unleashed. He has been away for a full year planning this revenge, watching, plotting, setting things up. And now he's back. He has his traps set, his knives sharpened... And wait 'til you see him."

The story, called "Death of the Family," launches in October and artists Greg Capullo and Jonathan Glapion are also "in on the joke." Will the Joker set his homicidal sights on the "Bat Family"? What does he look like after his "face-lift" courtesy of Dollmaker? And what will happen when Batman and Joker finally "Face-Off"? Will Bruce Wayne be able to "face" the facts?

this is going to be awesome Scott Snyder is one of the best writers that batman has had in its lifetime.

He has been away for a full year planning this revenge, watching, plotting, setting things up. And now he's back. He has his traps set, his knives sharpened... And wait 'til you see him."

I was wondering where he had been. Sounds great.

He has been away for a full year planning this revenge, watching, plotting, setting things up. And now he's back. He has his traps set, his knives sharpened... And wait 'til you see him."

I was wondering where he had been. Sounds great.

good point hm

The New 52 run of Batman has gotten me back into the character again. I bought the first few issues on my iPad to read on the train. I found the storyline so interesting that I started buying the physical book again.