• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Modern Batman Thread

842 posts in this topic

I haven't started on the issues #9s yet, "Nite of Owls"... do they have to be read in a specific order?

i.e. Batman, B&R, Nightwing and all the other titles it crosses over into?

Bane,

They don't specifically cross over into each other. Batman is the main title and everything else is just secondary to the storyline. I didn't even bother with Red Hood and I should have skipped Batwing. (shrug)

Red hood was one of the better ones but I wouldn't bother with the rest they were not really worth it. Nightwing was great if you read Gates of Gotham.

In light of the recent events in Aurora, and in consideration of the victims and the families of the shootings, DC Comics has decided to postpone the release of the third issue of Batman Incorporated because the comic contains “content that may be perceived as insensitive in light of recent events”. They are asking any retailers who do receive copies not to put them out for sale.

The comic was originally intended to go on sale on July 25th. The sale date has now been postponed until August the 22nd.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/23/dc-comics-postpones-batman-inc-3-for-a-month-over-content-that-may-be-perceived-as-insensitive/

Shops received it today but because of the content, DC is asking them not to sell the issue until August 22.

yeah, after making the post, i figured it out. my LCS said he has it but DC asked not to sell it until august. gonna see if will sell me one anyway

i love my LCS. well, all 3 of them really, but each one is great for different reasons. The 3rd one sells books to me that get pulled/shelved (MTG, Batman Incorporated). Picked up a copy for less than cover.

latest addition to the wife and I's bat collection and probably the rarest comic in our restarted a year and a half ago collection now.

not a 9.8 candidate but got it for substantially cheaper than even the lowest ebay prices at the moment

batmanRRP.jpg

can any of you hip me to a GOOD grant morrison batman story? read the black glove tpb, and it was so horrible, i couldn't finish it. final crisis was kinda junk to (did love A.S.S., so i know he CAN write a good story)