• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Modern Batman Thread

842 posts in this topic

can any of you hip me to a GOOD grant morrison batman story? read the black glove tpb, and it was so horrible, i couldn't finish it. final crisis was kinda junk to (did love A.S.S., so i know he CAN write a good story)

I would suggest Batman & Robin Vol 1.

Grant Morrison really killed Batman for me, I really can't stand the guys writing.

I'm happy it was there b/c Detective Comics has become lousy and it saved the book ... the back up story was worth the cover price JMHO

I actually enjoyed this issue. I agree that it had been lacking, but the origin story of the villain gotta attention and I found myself enjoying it. Detective is one of those books I will never drop though.

The prelude was pretty good. Looking forward to more of Snyder's writing. Especially with that character.

Pretty cool backup. I wasn't expecting a lead in to "Death of the Family". As good as Court of Owls was, I'm really looking forward to the upcoming Joker story. And hopefully we see Nancy again. The GCPD supporting cast needs to grow.

Looks like Snyder has plans for another well known Bat villain after his Joker story based on Twitter comments.

Riddler in 2013

Pretty cool backup. I wasn't expecting a lead in to "Death of the Family". As good as Court of Owls was, I'm really looking forward to the upcoming Joker story. And hopefully we see Nancy again. The GCPD supporting cast needs to grow.

Looks like Snyder has plans for another well known Bat villain after his Joker story based on Twitter comments.

Riddler in 2013

good to know snyder will be on batman until at least 2013. grant morrison is absolute garbage at least when he writes batman

So what is the better Batman modern DC 52 books?

The DKR movie has rekindled my interest in Batman modern comics again.

Anything I should try?

Anything written by Paul Dini or Scott Snyder is GREAT. Anything written by Grant Morrison is garbage IMHO.

so, how did everyone feel about the end of the court of owls storyline? did you like it, love it, did you think it ended with a whimper? i definitely liked it, but i think the peak was the talons attacking bruce in his house.

I actually haven't read any of the New 52 Batman's yet. Jumping on board now that the Joker story arc is right around the corner, but I've got them all digitally so I might blow through them just to get caught up and contribute to this tread a bit more.

Aw , what did they do to the art in Batman 12? It's all Manga'd up and mess. :facepalm:

It was just for one issue while Greg took a break. I really enjoyed Becky Cloonan's art style and thought it really suited this issue. Although I wouldn't like to see her carry on with Batman.

just read detective comics #12 and batman #12. wow, both were absolutely great...tho i'd have to give the nod to batman #12. excellent story, and the art didn't bother me at all. can't wait for the #0 issues, and detective annual.

I thought Batman #11 was a great ending to the Court of Owls saga, great art, great action.

I'm also enjoying Batman & Robin #10-11, the "War of the Robins" is a cool idea.

Batwoman.... not sure about this, monsters and what not... this is why I read Frankenstein. The art is great but the story is really lame IMO. I'm seriously thinking of dropping this.