• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Modern Batman Thread

842 posts in this topic

Jason Todd replaced Grayson as Robin, but he was killed by the Joker in Death In The Family. He returned a few years ago as Red Hood, apparently he was put into a Lazarus Pit but I'd need confirmation on that.

Confirmation granted. Talia al Ghul put him in the Lazarus Pit.

Jason Todd replaced Grayson as Robin, but he was killed by the Joker in Death In The Family. He returned a few years ago as Red Hood, apparently he was put into a Lazarus Pit but I'd need confirmation on that.

I'd dropped out of comics at the time so I couldn't say for definite. What book did that happen in and why?

I'd dropped out of comics at the time so I couldn't say for definite. What book did that happen in and why?

It happened, if I remember correctly, in the miniseries Red Hood: The Lost Days.

I think Talia did it to torment Bruce or get back at him for something. I only read the first two issues, so maybe someone who remembers the whole thing can chime in.

Just read Bats #14, Snyder and Capullo are smashing this title. The energy between all of the characters is vibrant, the nods towards past events are well placed and perfectly executed, and The Joker is more evil than he's ever been. This title is just getting better and better.

I'll cut short of posting spoilers right now, but I can't wait to see where this storyline is going and it's shaping up to have the makings of a classic.

th_Batman14.jpg th_Batman14Variant.jpg

I just read about this death in the family story arc.

Which issues do I need to pick up to catch up on it?

Are they available??

Ankur

Batman 1-40, shadowman 1-100, and batgirl 1-48. Most are only available for sale in wampum.

Seriously tho, batman 13/14 is the main story. The others i havent checked out. Some are only avail as 2nd prints now

I just read about this death in the family story arc.

Which issues do I need to pick up to catch up on it?

Are they available??

Ankur

Batman 1-40, shadowman 1-100, and batgirl 1-48. Most are only available for sale in wampum.

Seriously tho, batman 13/14 is the main story. The others i havent checked out. Some are only avail as 2nd prints now

Batgirl 14 is a major tie in, here's a checklist...

tumblr_mcawx6XdV91qe3ctvo1_500.jpg

So, is this the Modern Batbook to own? It is to me, and I'm chuffed as buggery to have landed another copy after selling my last one. I do know a couple of people who have no interest in the book whatsoever and I was just wondering what other collectors of Modern Batman comics thought about it?

th_Batman608RRP.jpg

So, is this the Modern Batbook to own? It is to me, and I'm chuffed as buggery to have landed another copy after selling my last one. I do know a couple of people who have no interest in the book whatsoever and I was just wondering what other collectors of Modern Batman comics thought about it?

th_Batman608RRP.jpg

:whistle:

th_Batman608RRP.jpg

:whistle:

I'd catered for you mate!

th_Batman608RRP.jpg

I've kind of wanted one but not seriously enough to go after it -- but great cover, great storyline and super rare, it checks all the boxes... :juggle:

th_Batman608RRP.jpg

I've kind of wanted one but not seriously enough to go after it -- but great cover, great storyline and super rare, it checks all the boxes... :juggle:

After selling my last copy it was the only book I wanted back. I've got some strange fixation with it and I haven't stopped admiring it now it's sitting nicely in a Mylites2. That actual copy is a cracked out 9.4 and the label is sitting behind the backing board.

The Death in the Family series has been amazing!

I think Ed Benes does the best job in drawing the Joker.

But since I haven't been keeping up, did they actually show Joker cut his face off in an issue?

This is for the next convention he will be attending. He always brings a limited print w/ him to give out to his fans for free. This time it is Riddler. He has done a huge variety of villains over the years. He gave out a Penguin one last year at MegaCon.

I do expect Snyder to hold true to his word with regards to a Riddler story down the road. I just don't think this has anything to do w/ that (except that this is likely how his version will look.)