• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Modern Batman Thread

842 posts in this topic

Just got through reading Batman #15, and Snyder really is nailing this series. So much going on in this issue with relatively little 'action', but it's a riveting read which I suppose is what we've come to expect from Snyder. His take on The Joker is perfection, and I think this is the best he's been written since The Killing Joke. He should make you feel uncomfortable, his madness should put you on edge, you should be able to see the sheer pointlessness Batman faces in trying to figure him out. Snyder ticks all the boxes.

His flashback to Batman's encounter on The Joker's blimp was brilliant, I really enjoyed reading that part as it gave a true feeling of a seamless trip back to the Golden Age. And Joker's 'face' turning to the side when Batman punched him was pretty sick.

One thing that did bug me about the issue though was where did Batman's gloves go when he broke free from Joker's teeth trap?

And props once more to Capullo, his art is first class as usual and I can't see another artist filling his shoes on the Bat title for a long time to come. Both covers are potential classics again, in fact I don't think I can remember a run that put out so many quality covers.

th_Batman15.jpg th_Batman15Variant.jpg

I've still to catch up with Detective Comics, but with only five issues left to land hopefully it won't be too long before I can dive in and get bang up to date.

th_DetectiveComics15DieCut.jpg th_DetectiveComics15Variant.jpg

Just got through reading Batman #15, and Snyder really is nailing this series. So much going on in this issue with relatively little 'action', but it's a riveting read which I suppose is what we've come to expect from Snyder. His take on The Joker is perfection, and I think this is the best he's been written since The Killing Joke. He should make you feel uncomfortable, his madness should put you on edge, you should be able to see the sheer pointlessness Batman faces in trying to figure him out. Snyder ticks all the boxes.

His flashback to Batman's encounter on The Joker's blimp was brilliant, I really enjoyed reading that part as it gave a true feeling of a seamless trip back to the Golden Age. And Joker's 'face' turning to the side when Batman punched him was pretty sick.

One thing that did bug me about the issue though was where did Batman's gloves go when he broke free from Joker's teeth trap?

And props once more to Capullo, his art is first class as usual and I can't see another artist filling his shoes on the Bat title for a long time to come. Both covers are potential classics again, in fact I don't think I can remember a run that put out so many quality covers.

th_Batman15.jpg th_Batman15Variant.jpg

I've still to catch up with Detective Comics, but with only five issues left to land hopefully it won't be too long before I can dive in and get bang up to date.

th_DetectiveComics15DieCut.jpg th_DetectiveComics15Variant.jpg

Agree with your entire post. FYI Tec 15 adds zero to the story an is unneeded.

I'm missing 'Tec #1 - #6, is there anywhere from #7 onwards I can start reading without having to have read the previous issues?

I'd buy the hardcover for 1-6 and go from there (you won't be able to read the #1 I sold you! (thumbs u )

I'm missing 'Tec #1 - #6, is there anywhere from #7 onwards I can start reading without having to have read the previous issues?

I'd buy the hardcover for 1-6 and go from there (you won't be able to read the #1 I sold you! (thumbs u )

I will, I'm not getting it slabbed.

I lucked out at the second (further away) location of the LCS I have my file at today and landed these for cover:

Batman #2, 3, 4, 5 (x2), 6 (x3), 7 (x2), 8, 9, 10, 11

Detective Comics #880, 881 and New 52 #2, 3, 4

Batman the Dark Knight #6, 7

So far, I have not read any of the Batman or Tec issues other than the DOTF issues since I have the tpbs and Black Mirror HC on the way. Is the Night of the Owls storyline as good as DOTF?

Good pickups on the Batman #4 and 'Tec #880 and #881 at cover.

Court of Owls is a brilliant storyline, if you're enjoying DotF I'd recommend reading it. Also, and I'm loath to do this as I hate tie-ins, but Nightwing #1 - #9 works superbly with Batman #1 - #9.

Good pickups on the Batman #4 and 'Tec #880 and #881 at cover.

Court of Owls is a brilliant storyline, if you're enjoying DotF I'd recommend reading it. Also, and I'm loath to do this as I hate tie-ins, but Nightwing #1 - #9 works superbly with Batman #1 - #9.

+1

Loved the owls arc & well done on the Tec pick ups. Think 880 might be up there for my favorite cover of all time.