• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Modern Batman Thread

842 posts in this topic

This is a book I thought I was bloody lucky to get, given the time it came up for sale coinciding with the time I came back to the boards. I love David Finch's artwork and this is probably up there with Batman #686 as my favourite Modern cover. I know I'm not a massive SS fan, but I just had to have this one.

That's really nice! I love Finch's work on Batman and I love this cover! Funny thing is I actually picked up a raw #700 earlier today! Cool book (thumbs u

Was able to get Finch's vol. 1 of The Dark Knight #1-5 this weekend for 50 cents a pop, been trying to score this run for a while on the cheap, love the cover for #1.

The only bear of a time I've been having trouble getting for cheap is the Snyder/Jock Black Mirror individual issues for cheap. Was this 3-parter a low print run or what? I've been able to grab most of Snyder's and Jock's collaborations for under cover price except this arc.

Yup, I recently scored a NM/M copy of 'Tec #871 from a fellow boardie and got it cheap, but definitely above cover price. Jock's art on those covers is just awesome as well; 871, 872 & 873 are just sweet!

I'm hoping to get that #871 signed by Snyder and Jock, so if anyone hears of a boardie facilitating this, please let me know! If not I will hafta wait and try at next year's NYCC lol

The art looks brilliant. Andy Kubert is really suited to Batman and has drawn one of my favourite Bat covers ever. That's an issue I'm really looking forward to as I love Kubert's work.

Batman686SketchVariant.jpg

I'll pick up all three to that issue. I've think my focus over the next year or so will be to complete a run of sketch variants for the Batman title. I don't usually bother that much with variants, but I've managed to pick a couple up at reasonable prices and now I would like to complete the run to go alongside the regular covers. I know it will be expensive but I've really got nothing else to focus on collecting wise for the foreseeable so it should be within reach.

I still need to pick up Detective #1 - #6 too, although that's small change compared to the Batman sketch variants. On that note, does anybody know what issue they went from 1:200 to 1:100?

I'll pick up all three to that issue. I've think my focus over the next year or so will be to complete a run of sketch variants for the Batman title. I don't usually bother that much with variants, but I've managed to pick a couple up at reasonable prices and now I would like to complete the run to go alongside the regular covers. I know it will be expensive but I've really got nothing else to focus on collecting wise for the foreseeable so it should be within reach.

I still need to pick up Detective #1 - #6 too, although that's small change compared to the Batman sketch variants. On that note, does anybody know what issue they went from 1:200 to 1:100?

Issues 1-9 are 1:200

Issue 10 and up 1:100

I wish I could collect the sketch covers. I have the normal covers and the regular variants for the full run. One day I'll start working on the sketches.

I've got some graded, some raw. Just missing 1, 4 and 9 for the "sketch" covers.

Not sure why they're called sketch when they're just B&W.

I wish I could collect the sketch covers. I have the normal covers and the regular variants for the full run. One day I'll start working on the sketches.

I've got some graded, some raw. Just missing 1, 4 and 9 for the "sketch" covers.

Not sure why they're called sketch when they're just B&W.

Yeah that's always bugged me too. A sketch to me is something that's been 'knocked out' pretty quickly and is far from a finished piece, whereas these pieces are final pieces that have been inked.

Am I the only person who thinks that Detective 871 (2nd print) will be a big money book in the near future b/c its a pain to find in NM/M condition, has a super low print run, is the first Snyder story and has cool red cover? It reminds me a lot of Walking Dead 33 (2nd print) which has a comparably low print run, is similarly difficult to find in NM/M condition, has a cool blue cover and is a key issue for the series b/c of the Governor v. Michonne story. I've noticed that it's still available on eBay at a reasonable price as is the 1st print for that matter (the first print goes for about $25). Thanks for your thoughts and opinions.

I don't know about the near future, I haven't seen any progression in the price of the book over here in the UK. There are a few available at $12 each on eBay at the moment and they've been sitting there for a good while. I may pick me a couple up just to sit on but I'm not sure whether it will ever appreciate any more than that, although I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong.

I wonder if anybody will actually get written off in Death of the Family?

My guess Batgirl, Joker will finish the job he started in The Killing joke. Then we might see Cassandra Cain back? Or my little theory that Harper *Row* will become the new Batgirl, ooooh!

Which seems even more likely now that Gail Simone has been let go.