• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Modern Batman Thread

842 posts in this topic

Batman #12 - Ok standalone issue, the main character reminded me of Carrie Kelly from DKR.

Batman & Robin #12 - Terminus comes to a stop. Fun issue

Batman & Robin #13... After a mediocre start to this title its now hitting its stride.

Detective Comics #12... Good riddance to 2 daft villains.

Detective Comics #13… The penguin re-emerges, this time to thwart Bruce Wayne rather then Batman. I liked the non-Batman follow up story rather then the main one.

Detective Comics #14… Enter Poison Ivy. Penguin’s involved here as well, which is good as I was wondering if the last issue was only going to be a self-contained story. But he’s in the mix with Ivy. Again, I liked the back-up story which fleshes out the main story being told. Starting to enjoy Detective again.

Death of the Family

Thought I would lump the remaining issues together.

Teen Titans #15, Batman #16, Batman & Robin #16, Detective Comics #16, Batgirl #16, Nightwing #16, Red Hood & the Outlaws #16, Batman #17

I thought to myself when I had heard this was coming was “Another cross title story-arc so soon after Court of Owls?”…. I thought it was too soon, boy I was wrong! This has been one of most enthralling storylines I’ve read from the Batman universe in a long time.

Court of Owls was good, this was BETTER! I had to get through the next issue till it was complete. Snyder mapped this story out to perfection, you really wasn’t sure what was going to happen and I loved the end in Batman #17, absolute brilliant gripping story telling. Just when you thought you were tired of the Joker, Snyder pulls an ace out of his sleeve and delivers a character more menacing, evil and down right captivating then he has been in a while.

While I have no interest in reading anymore of Teen Titans, Nightwing or Red Hood I will be adding Batgirl to my pull list. That was 3 strong issues that matched Batman in my opinion. She is a very interesting character, so driven and hopefully the previous 12 issues were like this as well.

The worst was Catwoman, that title should really be cancelled.

Death of the Family

Thought I would lump the remaining issues together.

Teen Titans #15, Batman #16, Batman & Robin #16, Detective Comics #16, Batgirl #16, Nightwing #16, Red Hood & the Outlaws #16, Batman #17

I thought to myself when I had heard this was coming was “Another cross title story-arc so soon after Court of Owls?”…. I thought it was too soon, boy I was wrong! This has been one of most enthralling storylines I’ve read from the Batman universe in a long time.

Court of Owls was good, this was BETTER! I had to get through the next issue till it was complete. Snyder mapped this story out to perfection, you really wasn’t sure what was going to happen and I loved the end in Batman #17, absolute brilliant gripping story telling. Just when you thought you were tired of the Joker, Snyder pulls an ace out of his sleeve and delivers a character more menacing, evil and down right captivating then he has been in a while.

While I have no interest in reading anymore of Teen Titans, Nightwing or Red Hood I will be adding Batgirl to my pull list. That was 3 strong issues that matched Batman in my opinion. She is a very interesting character, so driven and hopefully the previous 12 issues were like this as well.

The worst was Catwoman, that title should really be cancelled.

Agreed!

The batgirl issues were awesome!

Do you have the Black Mirror storyline from Tec #871-881? It sets the table for the current Batgirl run.........

Had but did not read. But if there has been a hardcover of that storyline I will have that.

Do you have the Black Mirror storyline from Tec #871-881? It sets the table for the current Batgirl run.........

Had but did not read. But if there has been a hardcover of that storyline I will have that.

I picked up the TPB from DCBS at the start of the year. Very interesting read. Saved me from actually having to crack open the floppies I bought to flip. lol

Red Hood #17

Batgirl #17

Nightwing #17

Batman and Robin #17

Detective Comics #17

The fall out from Death of the Family is covered in these issues. Some nice stories in here, more like an epilogue especially Nightwing & Red hood. Again Batgirl was a standout issue and I’ve now added this to my pull list.

Well, well, well…. Just when you thought it was safe to dip your toe back into the Batman universe, just when you were beginning to enjoy the storylines and associated characters, just when you were really enjoying a book called Batman & Robin AND just when you were enjoying the dynamic between those two characters….

Grant ing Morrison comes along once again and RUINS IT!

Boy do I hate this guy.

I missed out on Batman Inc #8… why? Because Grant Morrison is writing and the 1st volume was utter tripe.

Detective Comics #18 The fallout of the events of Batman Inc #8 are felt here. Bit of a non-plus issue for me, I feel as though the writer of this book has the same feelings towards Grant Morrison as I do.

Batman & Robin Annual #1 Touching -script, awesome execution, just loved everything about this book…. It’s a shame Grant Morrison has ruined any future opportunities of joy involving these characters.

I have to agree Bane, I feel robbed of Damien one of my favourite of the New 52 characters. They could have killed off anyone else and I would have been happy.

I just don't feel as enthusiastic about the Batman titles going forward now :cry:

I have to agree Bane, I feel robbed of Damien one of my favourite of the New 52 characters. They could have killed off anyone else and I would have been happy.

I just don't feel as enthusiastic about the Batman titles going forward now :cry:

Completely agree Buddy.

And if Detective #18 is anything to go on... I may just be cancelling a few Bat titles.

First time in 24 years.

Thank god that Scott Snyder is here and on Batman.