• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Modern Batman Thread

842 posts in this topic

I'm in two minds whether to go completist and pick up all of the printings. I think I'm going to aim for all of the sketch variants too.

I only need #1 - #6 of 'Tec too to fill in the run now. I want to get those as soon as possible now as I really want to read them.

i kept Detective as that's what i collect first and foremost, and while i enjoyed tony daniels' run, it isn't as good as snyders'.

I'm in two minds whether to go completist and pick up all of the printings. I think I'm going to aim for all of the sketch variants too.

I only need #1 - #6 of 'Tec too to fill in the run now. I want to get those as soon as possible now as I really want to read them.

i kept Detective as that's what i collect first and foremost, and while i enjoyed tony daniels' run, it isn't as good as snyders'.

I've been a Daniel fan since RIP, the only saving grace of the run in my eyes. I enjoyed his run on Batman as well prior to the renumbering, but towards the end I thought he was stretching himself a little thin with both writing and art duties. I while he pissed all over Grant Morrison (who wouldn't?) I wouldn't expect him to be in the same class as Snyder.

This is a book I thought I was bloody lucky to get, given the time it came up for sale coinciding with the time I came back to the boards. I love David Finch's artwork and this is probably up there with Batman #686 as my favourite Modern cover. I know I'm not a massive SS fan, but I just had to have this one.

Batman700SS.jpg

That's really nice! I love Finch's work on Batman and I love this cover! Funny thing is I actually picked up a raw #700 earlier today! Cool book (thumbs u

I wonder if anybody will actually get written off in Death of the Family?

My guess Batgirl, Joker will finish the job he started in The Killing joke. Then we might see Cassandra Cain back? Or my little theory that Harper Lee will become the new Batgirl, ooooh!

My guess Batgirl, Joker will finish the job he started in The Killing joke. Then we might see Cassandra Cain back? Or my little theory that Harper Lee will become the new Batgirl, ooooh!

I'd thought Batgirl, and possibly Jason Todd again.

This is a book I thought I was bloody lucky to get, given the time it came up for sale coinciding with the time I came back to the boards. I love David Finch's artwork and this is probably up there with Batman #686 as my favourite Modern cover. I know I'm not a massive SS fan, but I just had to have this one.

That's really nice! I love Finch's work on Batman and I love this cover! Funny thing is I actually picked up a raw #700 earlier today! Cool book (thumbs u

Was able to get Finch's vol. 1 of The Dark Knight #1-5 this weekend for 50 cents a pop, been trying to score this run for a while on the cheap, love the cover for #1.

The only bear of a time I've been having trouble getting for cheap is the Snyder/Jock Black Mirror individual issues for cheap. Was this 3-parter a low print run or what? I've been able to grab most of Snyder's and Jock's collaborations for under cover price except this arc.

I hope it's not Harper Lee

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harper_Lee

:gossip: You mean Harper Row

I've done that twice on here now first calling walking dead Hershel, Hershel Walker and now this. :facepalm::blush: Shame!

I've done that twice on here now first calling walking dead Hershel, Hershel Walker and now this. :facepalm::blush: Shame!

Hahaha! Dude was a beast. Hershel Walker will haunt your subconscious. I don't blame you.