• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Panther: The man without fear

21 posts in this topic

Yeah, I read about this at Newsarama. Apart from the renumbering up that they're doing with it, it sounds like it could be interesting.

I dropped Daredevil with the start of "Shadowland" and it doesn't sound like I'm missing out. I still regret hanging around for the "World War Hulk" event after a fairly self-contained "Planet Hulk" story, and when I saw this event coming, I thought it was time to take a break from the title.

I dropped Daredevil with the start of "Shadowland" and it doesn't sound like I'm missing out. I still regret hanging around for the "World War Hulk" event after a fairly self-contained "Planet Hulk" story, and when I saw this event coming, I thought it was time to take a break from the title.

I would be happier with the Shadowland story if it wasn't for all the tie-ins. I just want a nice story in a title without all the 24 other issues they want you to buy.

It used to be so simple.

I would be happier with the Shadowland story if it wasn't for all the tie-ins. I just want a nice story in a title without all the 24 other issues they want you to buy.

It used to be so simple.

I agree for the most part, but also find it nice that when they have these one-shot tie ins, it gives a character who would otherwise be third fiddle (yes third fiddle) to the main story + the main character...When I was reading Second Coming, I only read the main story, but liked the idea that the characters being effected weren't so one dimensional that they were just there. The recent Sub-Mariner one-shot where he went on the quest to find Dracula's head (or was it torso?) is actually a good thing because they didn't spend a whole issue of the regular ongoing title to focus on that. Okay, I think I've started to ramble, sorry I'm on Full Tilt Poker right now getting three betted.

Someone please help me out here: Daredevil is going to end with 512 and the book is going to be called "Black Panther: Man Without Fear" as of 513. Will Black Panther continue with the Daredevil numbering until Matt Murdock returns (summer 2011 I predict) or will the book end and start at some point in the near future with "Black Panther: Man Without Fear" #1 and then later with a new Daredevil #1?

In other words: to keep my Daredevil run going, do I have to suffer through a year or so of Black Panther or is the DD run effectively closed at 512 until V3 #1 comes out?

Someone please help me out here: Daredevil is going to end with 512 and the book is going to be called "Black Panther: Man Without Fear" as of 513. Will Black Panther continue with the Daredevil numbering until Matt Murdock returns (summer 2011 I predict) or will the book end and start at some point in the near future with "Black Panther: Man Without Fear" #1 and then later with a new Daredevil #1?

In other words: to keep my Daredevil run going, do I have to suffer through a year or so of Black Panther or is the DD run effectively closed at 512 until V3 #1 comes out?

Marvels renumbering BS is fairly unpredictable. At some point in the future, the original numbering will probably be picked up by DD, probably during some anniversary issue.

In the meantime, the new Daredevil Reborn mini series has already been solicited. :tonofbricks:

Tough to say how this will be handled. The closest comparison I can think of is how Marvel handled the Incredible Hulk/Incredible Hercules series. Incredible Hulk ended at 120-something and Incredible Hercules took over that numbering.... BUT Hulk returned to its original numbering starting with 600. DD is tough since its already on it's original numbering.

My guess..... BP runs with DD's numbering for a year or so while DD reboots at #1 with a $3.99 price tag.

Tough to say how this will be handled. The closest comparison I can think of is how Marvel handled the Incredible Hulk/Incredible Hercules series. Incredible Hulk ended at 120-something and Incredible Hercules took over that numbering.... BUT Hulk returned to its original numbering starting with 600. DD is tough since its already on it's original numbering.

My guess..... BP runs with DD's numbering for a year or so while DD reboots at #1 with a $3.99 price tag.

I'll tell you how I'm going to handle it...another title removed from my pull list. :(

I'm with you on this one.

The only thing I can say is pick up the Black Panther title until we see what is going to happen with Daredevil...that is my plan. If the Black Panther run is good, I'll stay with it, even without DD.

Such a stupid shame.

I've been enjoying Shadowland. Well at least the core title and Daredevil (I've not bothered with the other titles)

DD is currently one of only a handful of moderns I still Read (UXM, Cap, Batman and Grimm Fairy Tales being the others).

If they wanted to run an aftermath series without Matt, why not just stick to the existing cast? One of the great things about the recent DD runs have been the interaction with Foggy, Dakota, Fisk, Luke Cage etc. Throw Elektra, Shang Chi, Danny Rand and Echo into the mix and you've potentially got a great book.

Sort of like Brubakers Cap without Cap run.

I was ready Thor #1 (1998) yesterday and an editors note made me realize this scenario has actually happened before. Thor vol1 ended at 502, but the numbering continued with Journey into Mystery 503 to 521. The JIM run had no affect on the numbering of Thor - when Thor reverted back to it's original numbering the JIM series was not taken into account, only the 85 Vol2 and 12 Vol3 Thor issues were.

So.... my opinion is that even though the BP series continues the DD numbering, it is not part of the DD run. :sumo: