• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Action #1 Thread

67 posts in this topic

Wow, thats a really nice book. And as far a PLOD goes, I guess Blue would be grear but with Action 1 people are paying 5K for a wrap. So you are very cool in my book. Now you need to start planning a tour.

Well since you aks Fishbone: I think the PLOD-zophrenia is here to stay. Guess you are happy with this, since it has brought you in a situation where you could actually acquire this monster grail for a wholesale price (Now I dont know how steep a wholesale price you got it for lol). But: one thing is sure, you would have payed much more for this book if the PLOD-zophrenia was *not* upon us (together witht the current financial situation also). How much dough would you have to shell out in todays market to get a 2.0ish universal Action1 ? A LOT.

Among boardies we are quite are few who have voiced a healthy schepticism towards the plod-hysteria the last few years. But I think it will most likely stay the way it is. it wont change much. I know I will use the time wisely: I have e few plods on my radar :devil:

As I said earlier: A grail like this is a keeper. There is a collector value. Not *solely* investor-value. (But apart from that I think that a monster book like this is a mega safe haven for your money. Just watch the stock market tumble one more time and books like this are likely to skyrocket as investors seek new territory for the green (thumbs u

Well since you aks Fishbone: I think the PLOD-zophrenia is here to stay. Guess you are happy with this, since it has brought you in a situation where you could actually acquire this monster grail for a wholesale price (Now I dont know how steep a wholesale price you got it for lol). But: one thing is sure, you would have payed much more for this book if the PLOD-zophrenia was *not* upon us (together witht the current financial situation also). How much dough would you have to shell out in todays market to get a 2.0ish universal Action1 ? A LOT.

Among boardies we are quite are few who have voiced a healthy schepticism towards the plod-hysteria the last few years. But I think it will most likely stay the way it is. it wont change much. I know I will use the time wisely: I have e few plods on my radar :devil:

As I said earlier: A grail like this is a keeper. There is a collector value. Not *solely* investor-value. (But apart from that I think that a monster book like this is a mega safe haven for your money. Just watch the stock market tumble one more time and books like this are likely to skyrocket as investors seek new territory for the green (thumbs u

I understand why people who are in buying mode would like the seller to distinguish between "collector value" and "investor value,"

But whenever you're talking about five figure items there can't be a real difference between collector value and investor value. Anything that costs you five figures is an investment.

I see complaints from guys that people paid more for a book and it's a shame because collectors are the ones who "want" it. Well, if a guy pays five figures for something, I'd say he wants it, too.

I am sure there are exceptions, but most often when I hear guys talking about collector value versus investor value they're simply trying to get something cheaper.

It's like when a dealer tells you the difference between "wholesale" and "retail." He just wants it to be cheaper when he's buying and more when he's selling. Which makes it ironic when he tells you, in the same breath, it's an investment (Don't know about you but, personally, I've never done too well when I've bought stocks "retail" and sold them "wholesale")

I can't even imagine the elation that must come with that. I hope I get to know feel it one day. :applause:

Was easy back in 2001. A blue lable 2.0 was only 50K.

:takeit:

Or wait. :sorry:

Very foolish of me to purchase something else... doh! But that's life and I always wanted to own one when I was 14 years old.

I can't even imagine the elation that must come with that. I hope I get to know feel it one day. :applause:

Very foolish of me to purchase something else... doh! But that's life and I always wanted to own one when I was 14 years old.

:cry:

I know the feeling! :cry: