• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

RADA796420111028_145721.jpg

this cap 1 is no longer available on comiclink. any thoughts on it?

My thoughts are I should have bought it hehe

The story on this book is that I bought it raw from a comic store in South Jersey that bought it from an old collector as unrestored and it came back Green Label with a married cover. I called the store to get a refund and they refused and we went back and forth and finally I decided to cut my losses because I was so disgusted with the entire ordeal. I sold the book to jgallo soon afterwards. I believe that I offered it on the Boards first though. It was a rash decision and in hindsight I should have just kept the book. However, sometimes you get in a bad deal and you don't want the book around to remind you about it.

The story on this book is that I bought it raw from a comic store in South Jersey that bought it from an old collector as unrestored and it came back Green Label with a married cover. I called the store to get a refund and they refused and we went back and forth and finally I decided to cut my losses because I was so disgusted with the entire ordeal. I sold the book to jgallo soon afterwards. I believe that I offered it on the Boards first though. It was a rash decision and in hindsight I should have just kept the book. However, sometimes you get in a bad deal and you don't want the book around to remind you about it.

wow, thanks for the history on this book (thumbs u

Edited by SpiderTurtle

Hello Rick. I am being offered a very nice late 50's early 60's DC comic collection. Books in mid grade 6.0 to about 8.0. Books include Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Adventure Comics. Offering me the collection at about 50% of guide. Are late 50's DC's popular? I mostly deal with golden age DC's.

Just make sure you don't make the seller an offer then not get back to them. (tsk)

Hello Rick. I am being offered a very nice late 50's early 60's DC comic collection. Books in mid grade 6.0 to about 8.0. Books include Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Adventure Comics. Offering me the collection at about 50% of guide. Are late 50's DC's popular? I mostly deal with golden age DC's.

Just make sure you don't make the seller an offer then not get back to them. (tsk)

Sorry I made the sugestion of waiting a few extra days. :sorry:

Sorry I made the sugestion of waiting a few extra days. :sorry:

No biggie. It did sell and the buyer seems happy.

004-24.jpg

005-28.jpg

i'm usually an af15 only collector but wanted to think outside of the af15box; happy with this cap1; gonna leave as is

Edited by SpiderTurtle

004-24.jpg

005-28.jpg

i'm usually an af15 only collector but wanted to think outside of the af15box; happy with this cap1; gonna leave as is

as would i

What is the best way to store golden age (or any) comics that are too thick/big to be slabbed ?
I use the Steve Carey method...I mylar them with full backer board, then house inside a magazine mylar...works great and looks great!

Hi Gator,

Looking forward to the Heritage Auction.

Whats your take on the fair price for:

Action #1 3.0

Cap #1 6.0

Thanks

since I am an active bidder on all 3 (including the tec 27), I will have to take the 5th and not reveal my thoughts on the books, so as not to alert anyone to my bidding strategy... :sorry: