• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Dear Gator:

Gorgo is both a mightier hero than Captain America and more personable as well. So why isn't Gorgo the more popular of the two?

AGorgo3.jpg

???

Edited by Hepcat

Dear Gator:

Gorgo is both a mightier hero than Captain America and more personable as well. So why isn't Gorgo the more popular of the two?

???

20 years too late hehe

Dear Gator:

???

What you mean is Gorgo is more personable than GAtor dont you? But GAtor is waaay more personable than Cap!

:cry:

Dear Gator:

Do you have a store? Do you stock or ever come across any vintage seventies and older non-sport cards in your dealings? How about old toys?

???

Edited by Hepcat

Dear Gator:

Do you have a store? Do you stock or ever come across any vintage seventies and older non-sport cards in your dealings? How about old toys?

???

Yes yes and yes (thumbs u

Dear Gator:

???

You've been a boardie since 2005, ...really? :baiting:

I wasn't very active until late 2010 though, and I've been posting mostly in the Silver Age forum.

(shrug)

Dear Gator:

???

How often do you come across the Krun-Chee/Gordons/Dare/Drenks/Hunters Space Orbit Coins then?

AKrun-Chee.jpg

???

Edited by Hepcat

Dear Gator:

???

How often do you come across the Krun-Chee/Gordons/Dare/Drenks/Hunters Space Orbit Coins then?

AKrun-Chee.jpg

???

Unfortunately closer to never :sorry:

Mr. Gator sir

Should I sink comic money into my pre hero Tos run in 7.0+ or should I continue my GGA hunt in 7.0+ for long term $ growth and personal enjoyment. Am I acting the fool by not going after fewer 9.0+ books and shunning the nice 7.0 books and price point. :-)

And... Will Cheetah sell at a loss if he waits over 10 years.

Hello Rick. I am being offered a very nice late 50's early 60's DC comic collection. Books in mid grade 6.0 to about 8.0. Books include Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Adventure Comics. Offering me the collection at about 50% of guide. Are late 50's DC's popular? I mostly deal with golden age DC's.

Dear Gator, are you familiar with A&E's reality show Hoarders?

In your infinite wisdom, do you believe that some collectors of ephemera may be at risk of becoming hoarders?

If so, what would be the signs? (shrug)

I have seen it. But I don't believe any of us are at risk

I believe the first sign is that they keep (or worse try to sell) books like this one. This book should be thrown out before it can start moving on its own lol

IMG_3483.jpg

Pretty

Mr. Gator sir

Should I sink comic money into my pre hero Tos run in 7.0+ or should I continue my GGA hunt in 7.0+ for long term $ growth and personal enjoyment. Am I acting the fool by not going after fewer 9.0+ books and shunning the nice 7.0 books and price point. :-)

And... Will Cheetah sell at a loss if he waits over 10 years.

My opinion is gga books will appreciate in demand faster then pre hero

Cheetah will never sell lol

Hello Rick. I am being offered a very nice late 50's early 60's DC comic collection. Books in mid grade 6.0 to about 8.0. Books include Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Adventure Comics. Offering me the collection at about 50% of guide. Are late 50's DC's popular? I mostly deal with golden age DC's.
50% of 6.0 guide is probably optimistic retail. 50% of 8.0 guide is a fine deal. So should avg out in your favor (thumbs u