• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Hi.

What would be a fair buying price for a Captain America Comics #1 CGC 6.0 MP ?

Thanks.

8-10 k is range depending on presentation,pq, etc

Thank you Gator

visual presentation and quality of restoration plays a big role, so sometimes tought to "estimate" without specifics... (thumbs u

for a 1.5, this has great presentation IMO. Colors are tough to get bright on a Cap 1, and this one has it. Not sure what the BC looks like but a nice 1.5 :applause:

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?id=917322

That's owned by a board member. The back cover isn't so bad for a 1.5.

There is no BC scan. But judging from the FC doesnt it look more 2.5ish ??

119676.jpg.48c1f6ed02a8e3581e126f39f9ed716b.jpg

I'd love to hear if you guys think it's worth a resub - I think that it's undergraded as well.

1.8 wouldn't seem out of line to me. 2.0 might be a stretch, but possible.

that's what I'm thinking. 1.8 with 2.0/2.5 appeal minus the POFC and the POBC spine area.

Hi.

Thanks.

Thank you Gator

visual presentation and quality of restoration plays a big role, so sometimes tought to "estimate" without specifics... (thumbs u

for a 1.5, this has great presentation IMO. Colors are tough to get bright on a Cap 1, and this one has it. Not sure what the BC looks like but a nice 1.5 :applause:

and finally a low ball bid of $8k was placed. :cool:

Hi.

Thanks.

Thank you Gator

That's owned by a board member. The back cover isn't so bad for a 1.5.

It used to be owned by another board member prior to being slabbed. It has nice supple pages, and the colors are really bright. It's the nicest low grade copy I know of.

Unfortunate about the insect chew at the lower spine, but it's only on the spine cover, doesn't go thru to the pages as I recall. The piece out of the upper front cover never bothered me at all. Good luck to the board member on the c-link posting.

I had a chance to buy that copy on ebay before it was slabbed, but passed because I pursued something else and my offer wasn't accepted. I believe the seller was Eides. Nice looking low grade copy IMHO. Should be interesting to see how much the book would sell for.

Considering some of the other Golden Age books I've seen graded in the 2.0-2.5 range, it's hard to believe this only landed a 1.5.
Too much paper loss IMO... Remember cgc doesnt seem to grade so much on visual as structural... Is presents great for a low grade copy but I believe structurally graded correctly

I had a chance to buy that copy on ebay before it was slabbed, but passed because I pursued something else and my offer wasn't accepted. I believe the seller was Eides. Nice looking low grade copy IMHO. Should be interesting to see how much the book would sell for.
I passed as well but probably shouldn't have in hindsight

+1.. I believe he had it graded out as a 2.0/2.5 but thought it was around 1.5 which it is right now

passed on a Cap 1? :grin:

+1.. I believe he had it graded out as a 2.0/2.5 but thought it was around 1.5 which it is right now

I could see it going as a 1.8/2.0 raw...2.5 would be pushing it..

Okay Gator, here's one for you that I thought would be fun for those of us on the bottom-end of the buying spectrum:

Let's say you're saving up for "big" GA book, and your budget is between $750 - $1500. What book would you aim for? You aren't specific on grade and your perfectly fine with even the *real* low grade copies--though it should generally be intact. No single pages or anything like that. Restoration is fine--slight or extensive, amateur or pro--and it can be either slabbed or raw.

What do you buy?

Okay Gator, here's one for you that I thought would be fun for those of us on the bottom-end of the buying spectrum:

Let's say you're saving up for "big" GA book, and your budget is between $750 - $1500. What book would you aim for? You aren't specific on grade and your perfectly fine with even the *real* low grade copies--though it should generally be intact. No single pages or anything like that. Restoration is fine--slight or extensive, amateur or pro--and it can be either slabbed or raw.

What do you buy?

Check back tomorrow. Rick will need at least a day or two to try to get into this mindset. :whistle:

What do you buy?

Check back tomorrow. Rick will need at least a day or two to try to get into this mindset. :whistle:

Fun for US... not necessarily Rick! ;)

I could see it going as a 1.8/2.0 raw...2.5 would be pushing it..
:gossip: it's a 1.5

What do you buy?

superman 14...easy choice for me (thumbs u

What do you buy?

hehe