• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Pretty much all ga in hg has And continues to move up. It is not limited or restricted to certain genres or niches

We are so used to seeing St John romance in mid-grades and many never in high grades. So we pay high grade prices for mid-grade books in this niche, and sometimes cant quite figure out how to put a true value on the rare high grade copy. So they can fluctuate wildly.

Pretty much all ga in hg has And continues to move up. It is not limited or restricted to certain genres or niches

We are so used to seeing St John romance in mid-grades and many never in high grades. So we pay high grade prices for mid-grade books in this niche, and sometimes cant quite figure out how to put a true value on the rare high grade copy. So they can fluctuate wildly.

I'm not a Baker collector (not because I don't love 'em, but more because I'd still like to have enough $$$ to eat) but I'll admit that if there's a rare LB Cole cover up for grabs I'll be willing to pay above grade on a mid-grade copy. I'll buy the alanna's observation! :)

as I am sure most knows, this same principle can be applied across virtually the entire golden age, especially the smaller publishers (thumbs u

The supersnipe v1#8 sold for over $5k in the sparkle city recent auction and the v1#9 for under 3K. Both in 9.0.

Will we see a handful of high grade examples come out of the woodwork now?

as I am sure most knows, this same principle can be applied across virtually the entire golden age, especially the smaller publishers (thumbs u

Good point

The supersnipe v1#8 sold for over $5k in the sparkle city recent auction and the v1#9 for under 3K. Both in 9.0.

Will we see a handful of high grade examples come out of the woodwork now?

Both those books were beautiful... I knew they would go high but not quite that high.

GAtor, I am curious what you think are the 5 top Hitler covers on the market today? Not necessarily your favourites but the ones that seem to be selling the best and/or most sought after.

wonderful question...

the 5 I have the most demand for are:

Captain america 1

Great 3

MMC 46 (green worm ear)

Real Life 3

Daredevil Battles Hitler

again, those are not my 5 fav or even the 5 "best" , but those are the 5 comics I am most asked for at shows, etc, that feature hitler on cover

GAtor, I am curious what you think are the 5 top Hitler covers on the market today? Not necessarily your favourites but the ones that seem to be selling the best and/or most sought after.

wonderful question...

Captain america 1

Great 3

MMC 46 (green worm ear)

Real Life 3

Daredevil Battles Hitler

again, those are not my 5 fav or even the 5 "best" , but those are the 5 comics I am most asked for at shows, etc, that feature hitler on cover

Are your five faves also the five "best"? (Not a trick question!)

wonderful question...

Captain america 1

Great 3

MMC 46 (green worm ear)

Real Life 3

Daredevil Battles Hitler

Are your five faves also the five "best"? (Not a trick question!)

nope...these are my 5 fav

great 3

real life 3

captain marvel jr 10

MMC 46

superman 17

wonderful question...

Captain america 1

Great 3

MMC 46 (green worm ear)

Real Life 3

Daredevil Battles Hitler

:grin:

Gator-

Who will be the first five picks in today's NFL Draft?

How many Gators will go in the first round?

:)

one gator for sure (shariff floyd, likely top 5)...possibly matt elam in first round or early second...

gators have 6-10 nfl prospects this year ...

Luke J seems to be most folks #1

Gator-

one gator for sure (shariff floyd, likely top 5)...possibly matt elam in first round or early second...

yup my dad is hoping his Raiders select Floyd at 3 if they stay put

Gator-

Mel Kiper and Todd McShay both just moved Eric Fisher to the #1 spot. McShay was live on ESPN a few minutes ago and said that if a couple of trades happen that moves things around, Luke J might even drop out of the top 10 (but not likely).

Gator-

Mel Kiper and Todd McShay both just moved Eric Fisher to the #1 spot. McShay was live on ESPN a few minutes ago and said that if a couple of trades happen that moves things aroung, Luke J might even drop out of the top 10 (but not likely).

cool...I honestly haven't paid attention in about a week

Seems as if Harvey Romance "file" copies might be an exception. Prices on those seem pretty low -- often too low for sellers to send them to CGC.