• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

I sold out of my Young Allies very quick. I was under the impression that they weren't as hot. But they were almost as hot as Human Torch or Marvel Mystery.

But Caps seem to be the hottest right now.

Edited by Rip

Gator,

It was a pleasure meeting you in NY at the boardie dinner during NYCC.

I recently purchased a book on ebay that may have slight color touch. It is really hard to see by looking at the outside of the front cover but some black ink seems to have bled through to the inside of the front cover (which is otherwise white) that (although very subtle) would seem to indicate color touch.

In hand the book looks to be a VG or possibly a VG+. I was hoping you could tell me how much this copy of Vault of Horror 27 might be worth with or without the color touch.

Thanks!

$T2eC16JHJFsFFR9i5zjgBS,MWOYLE!~~60_12.JPG

Gator I am looking at getting a Sensation Comics #1. Alot of the issues I have came across are restored. I do not mind that for this age, but I do not know how to factor that in when it comes to a mega key. I am only willing to get a book that is marked P for professional restoration. What percentage would you take off the comics value for a slight, moderate, and extensive restoration under professional restoration?

Gator I am looking at getting a Sensation Comics #1. Alot of the issues I have came across are restored. I do not mind that for this age, but I do not know how to factor that in when it comes to a mega key. I am only willing to get a book that is marked P for professional restoration. What percentage would you take off the comics value for a slight, moderate, and extensive restoration under professional restoration?

Really depends on a myriad of factors. Each book is different and there is no generic rule of thumb

That said for sensation 1 I would need to know what grade and what extent of resto to reasonably give you a value

Hey Gator nice Aman 22 you got back how many of those babies you think are decent still out there never see them anymore,and if you happen to there pretty rough.Thanks in advance!

Hey Gator nice Aman 22 you got back how many of those babies you think are decent still out there never see them anymore,and if you happen to there pretty rough.Thanks in advance!
a couple of years ago I had 4 copies at one time. Only 4 that I had seen for years. This 4.0 is one of those copies. It looks fn but has ss... I had the cosmic aer copy a lower grade and a restored. I know where 5 other copies are but have only seen about a dozen in the last 10 years. Tough book

I am embarrassing lacking in knowledge about pretty much any GA that is not Batman or Tec.

I picked this up recently JIM 5.

Grade?

Scarcity?

FMV?

Do you like egg nog?

Jim5_zpsea7b7e60.jpeg Jim5B_zps5f3cab15.jpeg

Always tough to grade from a scan but definitely lower grade (gd to gd/vg range if I had to guess from scan)

Relatively scarce for sure

FMv likely $150-200 in current grade

Don't like egg nog