• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Wonder Woman Golden Age comics have been going for under price lately. What would you advice someone to pay for a Wonder Woman #6 4.0-5.0?

Ww6 is one of the most in demand books. A couple of years ago I sold a 4.0 for 1k. Today I would pay 50% more than that just to have. So figure 1500-2000 for a 4.0-5.0

GPA seems to confirm that with a 4.0 copy selling for $1519 in August.

What about that 7.5 selling for almost $6k last February - anomaly or ?

I fairly recently bought a 6.0 for almost 3K...a 7.5 is likely 4500+...the 7.5 that sold last Feb was part of the embezzler purchase, so I don't "count"...

I bought the Mile High Copy of Wonder Woman #6 for $990. CGC graded it 9.2, what's it worth now? $15-16K? hm
probably 10Kish, that is what I would pay for it

the 9.4 double cover went for 9580, and I would "assume" a lower grade, but MH copy would fetch about the same, unless you know a private collector that just has to have (thumbs u

I fairly recently bought a 6.0 for almost 3K...a 7.5 is likely 4500+...the 7.5 that sold last Feb was part of the embezzler purchase, so I don't "count"...

That I did not know! doh!

I assume then that the 7.0 copy of #7, that also sold for sick money ($7469) around the same time, was part of the same embezzlers purchase. A 7.5 sold later in August of 2012 (same year) for $2700.

(should they be removed from GPA?)

Now it makes sense - thanks :)

That I did not know! doh!

I assume then that the 7.0 copy of #7, that also sold for sick money ($7469) around the same time, was part of the same embezzlers purchase. A 7.5 sold later in August of 2012 (same year) for $2700.

(should they be removed from GPA?)

Now it makes sense - thanks :)

correct (thumbs u

In relation to price paid (fmv), what will generically get you the most 'bang for your buck' in GA:

(i) Ext plod

(ii) mod. plod

(iii) slight plod

(iv) blue ?

in terms of "investment", blue is best....

in terms of most bang for your buck, typically the ext plod will be the cheapest relative to mod or slight

I actually am sitting in hotel room in Gainesville with TV off! Was a painful game to watch live. Thank goodness our two oldest are in college here in Gainesville and we can visit them, cuz if I made the trip here solely to watch the game I would probably be led to drink (I haven't consumed any alcohol since my days here at Florida back in the 80s)