• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Hey G.A.tor. Opinion, not fact here. What defect(s) does CGC deduct too much for and what defect(s) does it not deduct enough for?

My opinion is stains deduct too much and miswraps and marvel chipping not enough

+1

marvel chipping to me should count the same as if someone took scissors to the edge or the pieces were torn/worn off

I've said it numerous times. MC = pieces missing. I don't care what you call it, pieces are missing from the book. Whether by a fireaxe or a paper cutter's blade, it's still missing. The worst part is the pieces will still be missing tomorrow. :preach:

Hey G.A.tor. Opinion, not fact here. What defect(s) does CGC deduct too much for and what defect(s) does it not deduct enough for?

My opinion is stains deduct too much and miswraps and marvel chipping not enough

+1

marvel chipping to me should count the same as if someone took scissors to the edge or the pieces were torn/worn off

yep, I can't see a 6.0 blue label with marvel chipping. Too generous a grade.

Btw, Bill...

A57F97EC-CD59-499D-8FD1-82675DF0BEBC-1016-0000006019EE48BF_zpsfc22df70.jpg

What birthday book did you send Bill for his bday Rick? :)

Alright G.A.tor if you had to choose between Detective Comics #39 or Detective Comics #40, which would you choose and why?

Tec 39 is more significant and a bit scarcer. But the cover to 40 I find very appealing.

That said 39 is the better book overall

Are these supposed prices for high grade BB28's real and sustainable ?
as long as supply remains minimal demand is likely to continue to increase so for the time being, yes

+1

Btw, Bill...

I'm a little torn ...he asked for some risqué pics of me, but I just don't know which ones to send :insane:

+1

Btw, Bill...

Why thank you sir! :)

+1

Btw, Bill...

I'm a little torn ...he asked for some risqué pics of me, but I just don't know which ones to send :insane:

We have plenty of those from the last Pons Con you attended. We slipped a mickey into your coke zero and had our way with you :blush:

My needs are simple, how about a nice All Star 3 since you don't care for that book much anyway :wishluck:

+1

Btw, Bill...

We have plenty of those from the last Pons Con you attended. We slipped a mickey into your coke zero and had our way with you :blush:

My needs are simple, how about a nice All Star 3 since you don't care for that book much anyway :wishluck:

I have lost some love for the book of late :sorry:

+1

Btw, Bill...

Send one my way I still love it

+1

Btw, Bill...

:o

I grieve for your loss

:(

+1

Btw, Bill...

Why thank you sir! :)

:)

Cap #1 will pass Bat 1 in the next 5 years
it is very close right now
first Joker should always keep Bat 1 slightly ahead of Cap 1, but the margin has tightened.

If you should go for a Big book now would it be Cap1 or Bat1? which has most longterm upside as you see it?

Cap #1 will pass Bat 1 in the next 5 years
it is very close right now
first Joker should always keep Bat 1 slightly ahead of Cap 1, but the margin has tightened.

If you should go for a Big book now would it be Cap1 or Bat1? which has most longterm upside as you see it?

bat 1 will always be a better book, but cap1 has closed the gap.

+1

Btw, Bill...

Ok now my opinion and the followup. For me NCB's, slight spine rolls, and any pressable defect is over deducted for. And Marvel Chipping is definitely the one that is under deducted for. So the follow up is why? Were there pedigrees that showed these defects and as such they went easy on Marvel Chipping? Was there a specific person who pushed for less of a deduction on Marvel Chipping? Is it just part of their not downgrading for "production defects"? Does anyone really know?

+1

Btw, Bill...

send them all lol.