• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

i agree, osu wins out and is in. and we'll have a reprise of the '06 and '07 routs. osu in the nat'l c'ship game=yawn.

I think you mean '03.

Nope, OSU beat Miami in that game, double overtime.

was that the "pass interference" game?

i agree, osu wins out and is in. and we'll have a reprise of the '06 and '07 routs. osu in the nat'l c'ship game=yawn.

I think you mean '03.

Yup!!!

I remember watching that game and thinking "wow".

I think you mean '03.

Yup!!!

I remember watching that game and thinking "wow".

So did the NASO which called it one of the best 18 calls of all time.

OSU doesn't deserve to play for the BCS Championship.

a 1 loss SEC champ is much better than an undefeated Boring 10 champion

now if USC were to get into the SEC championship and wins, then that changes everything.

Then FSU vs. OSU is the match up

It is hard for even myself to argue this...as an Ohio State fan we always talk about this amongst my fellow Buckeye buds...we understand that you simply cannot negate the fact that since the advent of the BCS National Chamionship the SEC is 9-1 in those games with their only loss being delivered by the hands of another SEC team...tough conference NO DOUBT!!!

Someone please put an end to this madness :pullhair:lol

No way does Auburn get in over undefeated Ohio St.

Auburn has one great win but also a loss, an absolute luck game (Georgia) and tough ones against Washington St. and Miss St.

Besides Alabama, the only other win they have over another currently ranked team is A & M (assuming they squeak in at 24 or 25 tomorrow).

That resume just does not scream "put me ahead of an undefeated Big 10 team". By the way, I can't stand Ohio St. or the Big 10.

Presuming that Florida State and Ohio State are in the driver's seat, either Missouri or Auburn (two Top 5 teams playing for the SEC Championship) have the best chance to move up if either one of those two frontrunners stumble.

Oddly enough, Alabama is now the odd team out for a National Championship unless both the Seminoles and the Buckeyes lose (don't bet on it).

What a great day, I just love College Football (and GA comics too, of course). :cloud9:

I think you mean '03.

i use the year of the season, not the date of the c'ship game; thus i refer to uf over osu followed by lsu over osu, and '03 means lsu over little game boob, to me.

Presuming that Florida State and Ohio State are in the driver's seat, either Missouri or Auburn (two Top 5 teams playing for the SEC Championship) have the best chance to move up if either one of those two frontrunners stumble.

Oddly enough, Alabama is now the odd team out for a National Championship unless both the Seminoles and the Buckeyes lose (don't bet on it).

What a great day, I just love College Football (and GA comics too, of course). :cloud9:

From the discussion on ESPN this morning, looks like it will be FSU and OSU, assuming both win out. Shows how much we need next year's format. A four team tournament of Alabama, Auburn, OSU, and FSU would be a more equitable way to arrive at a national champ.

OSU doesn't deserve to play for the BCS Championship.

+1000 Oregon State is only 6-6!

now if USC were to get into the SEC championship and wins, then that changes everything.

If the Trojans make it to the championship game in the SEC than all bets are off!

Then FSU vs. OSU is the match up

Have to disagree with you here. Though Oklahoma State and Fresno State have had good seasons I can't see them in the championship game.

Pays to lose early in the season I guess.

However, LSU did lose to Arkansas a few years ago on the last game of the regular season, and ended up in the BCS title game

Pays to lose early in the season I guess.

However, LSU did lose to Arkansas a few years ago on the last game of the regular season, and ended up in the BCS title game

No question that an early season loss (to a quality opponent) provides a team the chance to climb back up the rankings.

It would not be impossible for Bama to get a rematch with Auburn in the National Championship game. It would require both the Seminoles and the Buckeyes to lose in their conference championship games (the first is highly unlikely, the second is a possibility). Missouri seems to be overlooked in this whole equation. They might throw a monkeywrench into this whole thing.

not really; the pundits this a.m. are all over the mizzou/auburn winner playing fsu should the luckyass team lose to michigan state. 'bama may be slightly ahead of mizzou when bcs comes out tonite, but that would be a one-week anomaly should mizzou win the sec c'ship game---the bump they'd get from beating bcs #3 would fly them by nicky.

i predict mizzou beats auburn next week.

GA.tor. Can you explain how A&M and Missouri, two second tier Big 12 teams came into the premier college football leagues and are near the top of the SEC while Nebraska, a top tier Big 12 team, went into the B1G (the laughing stock of the BCS leagues) and became a second tier team? Was it recruiting? Or is it possible the distance between the leagues isn't as great as has been assumed?