• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Ask Gator:

Are you planning on goingto Reno Comicon next year? and do you think we will have any golden age fans/boardies/dealers heading to Reno?

"Sorry I know its 11 months off but what else do we have to look forward to in the desert :)"

Afraid Reno is not on the gator circuit but I'd bet Harley will be there lol

Double question for you G.A.tor. What is your most prized comics related piece/possession? Second question, what was the item in your collection that was the hardest for you to obtain?

Can answer both questions with same answer. Toy wise it is my carded mego green goblin. Comic wise it is my amazing man 26. Both toughest and hence most prized

Do you know the story behind the eldon pedigree collection?

The eldon dedini collection has never been dubbed a pedigree but it is extensively representative Of both superhero and non superhero books from late 30s and into the mid to late 40s and Appears to encompass most all publishers of the time

The main characteristic is his first name eldon scribed on comic (usually front cover)

Double question for you G.A.tor. What is your most prized comics related piece/possession? Second question, what was the item in your collection that was the hardest for you to obtain?

Can answer both questions with same answer. Toy wise it is my carded mego green goblin. Comic wise it is my amazing man 26. Both toughest and hence most prized

I thought it was your carded WW mego (only 4 on the planet?)?

I've had opp to buy 3 of the 4 that exist (up until 3 months ago, there were only 3 known, but a 4th surfaced recently)...only had one opp to buy the Green goblin, and there are only 3 known examples, making it more desirable and prized to me these days...

I've had opp to buy 3 of the 4 that exist...only had one opp to buy the Green goblin, and there are only 3 known examples, making it more desirable and prized to me these days...
how much is the GG worth?

Hi Gator,

In another thread (Tec 28) you said: "These days "tough" and "rare" are relative terms."

In the context given it sounds like you do not consider many GA books as tough and rare as some other boardies. For you what constitutes tough and rare (other than Amazing Man 26)?

Thank you and happy holidays!

Hi Gator,

In another thread (Tec 28) you said: "These days "tough" and "rare" are relative terms."

In the context given it sounds like you do not consider many GA books as tough and rare as some other boardies. For you what constitutes tough and rare (other than Amazing Man 26)?

Thank you and happy holidays!

I've owned or. had opp to own a dozen Tec 28s. Nothing "tough" or rare about that to me (again it is relative... For some Tec 28 might be an unattainable white whale and I respect that)

Things have a way a cycling. Aman 26 was "impossible" to find for years. 4-5 copies surfaced in the past couple of years.

Not sure these Days anything is unobtAinable. Rare/tough is all relative to patience and money.

There are certainly different levels of difficulty with various comics for different folks, but in the grand scheme really only takes time/patience and money (always an exception of course, but generally speaking)

Right now I am finding it tough to obtain an amf2/1 but eventually I will (thumbs u

That makes sense. I would guess, even allowing for rarity, it's much easier to hunt down books than it was 15 or 20 years ago for a dealer. Information, on all fronts, just travels more broadly and quickly.

From my own perspective, I was able to "view" and buy an ultra tough key - Suspense 3 (:baiting:) - within the comfort of my own living room. Just giving you a hard time.

Thanks Rick for the always thoughtful response.

-Keston

That makes sense. I would guess, even allowing for rarity, it's much easier to hunt down books than it was 15 or 20 years ago for a dealer. Information, on all fronts, just travels more broadly and quickly.

From my own perspective, I was able to "view" and buy an ultra tough key - Suspense 3 (:baiting:) - within the comfort of my own living room. Just giving you a hard time.

-Keston

suspense 3 is a key?! :acclaim:

-Keston

indeed...suspense 3 is really not a tough book...I remember just 2 years ago, about 4 copies sitting unsold on various sites...even the cgc 6.5 at 15K on comic connect (verzyl eventually scooped it up)

-Keston

suspense 3 is a key?! :acclaim:
suspense 3 is in no way a key :baiting:

hey steve

unfortunately I do not have gpa, so I can't be of any help, but I am sure a friendly elf like boardie will come to your rescue ....

that said, merry Christmas!

Hi Gator! Merry Christmas from my wife and me. If you have some time today or tomorrow, could you please tell me the GPA for Silver Age Green Lantern 4 CGC 8.5 with OW/W pages?

Thanks. Much obliged!

Steve

Only cause I am a huge GL fan ;)

Last and only sale (reported to GPA) in the last 5 years for an 8.5 #4 is $374 in May 2013.

Hi Gator! Merry Christmas from my wife and me. If you have some time today or tomorrow, could you please tell me the GPA for Silver Age Green Lantern 4 CGC 8.5 with OW/W pages?

Thanks. Much obliged!

Steve

Only cause I am a huge GL fan ;)

Last and only sale (reported to GPA) in the last 5 years for an 8.5 #4 is $374 in May 2013.

I would have said retail was Likely 400 so I'm in the ball pArk

Dear download.jpg

As a collector of tabloid-sized Spirit sections, here's my question.

Were the "Spirit in Outer Space" sections by Wally Wood ever printed in tab size? Have you ever heard of / seen one?

Thanks!

Dear download.jpg

As a collector of tabloid-sized Spirit sections, here's my question.

Were the "Spirit in Outer Space" sections by Wally Wood ever printed in tab size? Have you ever heard of / seen one?

Thanks!

I don't recall ever seeing. (Thumbs u