• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Some pedigrees warrant a premium. Honestly some do not. There is no rule and honestly overstreet is rarely an accurate value. I generally look at past/actual sales and extrapolate from there

Thanks G. A.tor, since the books I'm interested in are not among the heavyweight, Church, Riley (SF), Larson or Allentown pedigrees, I wont be bashful about offering a bid below the sellers current asking price.

Updating the world...I'm still alive and kickin'!

So far, best news of 2014 (thumbs u

Question Rick, what are the chances of me actually purchasing a comic in 2014? There are about 20 in the Feb Heritage auction I would really like to own that should be in a more "affordable" range.

Updating the world...I'm still alive and kickin'!

So far, best news of 2014 (thumbs u

Question Rick, what are the chances of me actually purchasing a comic in 2014? There are about 20 in the Feb Heritage auction I would really like to own that should be in a more "affordable" range.

i have profound presumption in your procurement possibilities !

Dear Gator

If you were to discover a wherehouse find of Action comics 1, and Detective comics 27, but could only keep one, which one would you pick, and why? How would you go about putting them on the market, and who would you give the other group of comics to?

Also keep in mind that they would become the highest graded on the census, matching, or exceeding even the fabled Mile high Action 1, and Allentown Detective 27 so either would bring record prices at auction.

Dear Gator

If you were to discover a wherehouse find of Action comics 1, and Detective comics 27, but could only keep one, which one would you pick, and why? How would you go about putting them on the market, and who would you give the other group of comics to?

Also keep in mind that they would become the highest graded on the census, matching, or exceeding even the fabled Mile high Action 1, and Allentown Detective 27 so either would bring record prices at auction.

Action 1. Pass out the remainders to boardies as party favors!

Dear Gator

Action 1. Pass out the remainders to boardies as party favors!

Works for me. :whee:

Dear G.A.tor:

I won an auction that specifies: "Auctioned on behalf of Tadano America Corporation" I did some slight searching and learned that books were bought with embezzled funds from Tadano. How does this affect the value of my book and is this something I can get added to the label if it is a positive thing?

my Basketball rec league update...

after finishing 3rd in scoring in the league last year (over 28 points a game), I am proud to say that our 2-0 start has me averaging 5 points (4 first game, 6 second)...

amazing what one year did to me lol

after finishing 3rd in scoring in the league last year (over 28 points a game), I am proud to say that our 2-0 start has me averaging 5 points (4 first game, 6 second)...

Lack of or too much of Coke Zero?

Lack of or too much of Coke Zero?

we added a couple of young bucks to the team...I am not "needed" to score (like I was last year)... I did have 14 assists though (I moved to point from shooting guard)...

Gator a comic question for you how many Dynamic Comics 10 have you come across in your career ,seems to be scare and have you ever seen the Mile High copy.Tnanks in advance!