• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Dear Gator,

How can you tell the difference between an original superman 1, and the later reprints/editions that are near identical to it?

There are many tell tell signs.

Back cover has black cut out lines

Space between header and top of cover

White space between 10c price point

Number of staples

Size and paper type

Etc

Gator,

I received a book that I purchased raw (but can still return) that has a ghost image of Chilling Tales #8 on the back cover (faint oils & inks). I purchased the book as a 9.0, and the front cover looks close to that range. How much would CGC knock off for that particular defect?

Gator,

I received a book that I purchased raw (but can still return) that has a ghost image of Chilling Tales #8 on the back cover (faint oils & inks). I purchased the book as a 9.0, and the front cover looks close to that range. How much would CGC knock off for that particular defect?

PS - Here's a scan of the back cover. The image/stain is more apparent in hand, but you can still make it out.

StrangeMysteries8Bresz.jpg

Gator,

PS - Here's a scan of the back cover. The image/stain is more apparent in hand, but you can still make it out.

StrangeMysteries8Bresz.jpg

A transfer stain has generally resulted in a 1-2 pt deduction from cgc (depending on severity) Not as bad as moisture but a "defect" nonetheless

Has GAtor ever responded, "I don't know" ? lol
of course. He's currently not sure how many coke zeros he's already drank in the big easy lol

Surprisingly I've had 5 of the 12 cans (12oz) we brought and one bottle (20oz) courtesy of branget

of course. He's currently not sure how many coke zeros he's already drank in the big easy lol

:roflmao:

Coke Zero - isnt it filled with artificial sweetener ... ?

aspartame and acesulfame potassium

Yummers.

Yummers.

Do me a favour: Dont do this aspartame thing. Ordinary sugar will do it for you just fine. ASpartame = (tsk)