• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Gator, which were more popular in the atlas days submariner or torch?

given that subby got 10 issues in 1954-55 after they both (and capt America) appeared in Young men, I would say subby (thumbs u

given that subby got 10 issues in 1954-55 after they both (and capt America) appeared in Young men, I would say subby (thumbs u

As I understand it the reason Subby got some extra juice had nothing to do with sales numbers, but rather interest in a TV series that didn't materialize. Goodman didn't want to cancel the book while there was ongoing negotiations for a network TV series. :gossip:

It would be interesting to learn whether or not a pilot was produced and if so, what happened to it.

As I understand it the reason Subby got some extra juice had nothing to do with sales numbers, but rather interest in a TV series that didn't materialize. Goodman didn't want to cancel the book while there was ongoing negotiations for a network TV series. :gossip:

It would be interesting to learn whether or not a pilot was produced and if so, what happened to it.

The Hollywood types probably thought that a Subby show couldn't compete against the smash hit Aqua Man tv series and mega-hit movie trilogy of the time. lol

Hi Gator,

Which team most scares you going into the SEC tournament? And, do the Wahoos scare you in the Big Dance? If the Gators and the Wahoos meet in the tournament I'd be open for a gentlemanly comic book wager!

Hi Gator,

Which team most scares you going into the SEC tournament? And, do the Wahoos scare you in the Big Dance? If the Gators and the Wahoos meet in the tournament I'd be open for a gentlemanly comic book wager!

Virginia put it to Syracuse sat, but I don't see them as final 4 material...

that said, if the gators and the "hoos" meet up, a wager would be in order!

in the SEC, Ole miss always scares me with Henderson....

we play USC e on Tuesday in their building and they just beat UK...so that is the game that scares me now...

guess the human torch TV interest wasn't there :baiting:

guess the human torch TV interest wasn't there :baiting:

Wings on Olympic swimmer's ankles, ...check! (thumbs u Flying flame suit, ...$$$! :ohnoez:

My guess, ...the FX budget just wasn't hot enough in the 50's. :grin:

Interesting, I did not know that.

Interesting, I did not know that.

Yeah, I read this about a year ago. I recall the source being a book on the behind-the-scenes history of comics written by Joe Simon well over a decade ago. Let me qualify that by adding I've read a lot of books on comics and another source may deserve attribution for this information. hm

Q- who is the only SEC team to go 18-0 in conference play in a season...

A-

OrangeBlue.gif

Hmmm ... now aren't you supposed to answer questions that you were asked on this thread? :baiting:

I'm thinking, does this count as thread crapping in your own thread? And should you be kicked off this thread for it? And then ... oh, this is silly. :boo:

Congrats to the Gators, both the comic selling and basket-ball bouncing kind. (thumbs u

Q- who is the only SEC team to go 18-0 in conference play in a season...

A-

OrangeBlue.gif

Hmmm ... now aren't you supposed to answer questions that you were asked on this thread? :baiting:

I'm thinking, does this count as thread crapping in your own thread? And should you be kicked off this thread for it? And then ... oh, this is silly. :boo:

Congrats to the Gators, both the comic selling and basket-ball bouncing kind. (thumbs u

:acclaim:

Hey G.A.tor,

Are you going to have Sales thread this spring or is more likely going to be this summer, if at all?

and if you are going to have a sales thread are you going to sell me a Catman #28?

Hey G.A.tor,

Are you going to have Sales thread this spring or is more likely going to be this summer, if at all?

and if you are going to have a sales thread are you going to sell me a Catman #28?

And what's the coupon code for %50 off?

Hey G.A.tor,

Yes I will have one annual sales thread. Time tbd

Hey G.A.tor,

Right now I only have my personal copy. :sorry: