• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

You know...I don't like football, I never watch football, but if i did I would expect the quarterback to run the last 5 yards, or even try a Q-back sneak to get the ball across the line...instead of throwing it into the hands of the enemy at the line...I mean, who writes this stuff? That was like a massive Laker choke...unbelievable...

Beast! You gotta run the Beast! How can you not run the Beast! :cry:

Truthfully I will be curious Petes explaination.

Just got back from the game. It was a thrilling one to say the least.

NE had what looked like goal line package defense in on that final play, but they still had their corners in. NE baited Seattle to throw, and they saw it coming. Butler jumped the route. Great defensive call, and great preparation by Butler. Carroll said after the game that he planned to run it on 3rd and 4th down, and that when they saw the goal line package they decided to try one pass

Bilichek got one on Carroll that's for sure. The play before that, the Hawks were anticipating Bilichek to call a TO with about 30 sec. Left on the clock. That didn't happen so the Hawks were scrambling what to do next because they i think had a play down already.

I think it was a great call and led to the perfect outcome.

It was a thrill to see Pete Carroll's smugness crumble in the heat of the post game media questioning. And to hear him squirming as he mentioned the Longhorn victory was icing on the cake.

It was a thrill to see Pete Carroll's smugness crumble in the heat of the post game media questioning. And to hear him squirming as he mentioned the Longhorn victory was icing on the cake.

Wrong sport! :sumo:

Wrong sport! :sumo:

Vince Young looked like he was on skates as he glided past the USC defense.

So yes, he looked like he was playing a different, more advanced sport.

Can't wait for small ball to start, can't deflate that thing!

In baseball it is the players that inflate and deflate.

Some people can cross-over in their musical tastes as they age, but many are stuck in their favorite time period. That's just the way it is...it's kinda like collectors who are stuck in one genre... hm I do not suffer that problem...Here ya go Old Farts...suffer this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2he-D5GCdAk

:o

Edited by tricolorbrian

Some people can cross-over in their musical tastes as they age, but many are stuck in their favorite time period. That's just the way it is...it's kinda like collectors who are stuck in one genre... hm I do not suffer that problem...Here ya go Old Farts...suffer this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2he-D5GCdAk

:o

If you think that Gator is an old fart, ...you obviously haven't been around him much. gw.gif

Rick, bringing the dialogue back to comic books, let me ask you a GA question here:

It's clear that when a GA book becomes in demand - such as AS8/Sensation1/WW1 with the WW movie announced, or MF73 with the Aquaman movie announced - prices skyrocket because supply is so low.

Do you think it takes a movie announcement to put the book in demand, or is the tide rising all around - in other words, do you think this is a sign of the rising value of lesser known GA keys such as All-American 19, All-American 25, Adventure 48, Adventure 61, MF 55, and even MF 52 (which is in greater demand)?

Thanks,

Carl

Edited by Dr Carl

Rick, bringing the dialogue back to comic books, let me ask you a GA question here:

It's clear that when a GA book becomes in demand - such as AS8/Sensation1/WW1 with the WW movie announced, or MF73 with the Aquaman movie announced - prices skyrocket because supply is so low.

Do you think it takes a movie announcement to put the book in demand, or is the tide rising all around - in other words, do you think this is a sign of the rising value of lesser known GA keys such as All-American 19, All-American 25, Adventure 48, Adventure 61, MF 55, and even MF 52 (which is in greater demand)?

Thanks,

Carl

Movies can certainly bring new interest to a character but I don't believe the masses are suddenly compelled to spend 5 figs on a golden age book. There is plenty of source material available online for free, or 2-3 fig more recent books if they want to procure or speculate.

I believe the increase in awareness hits existing collectors that often times have overlooked a particular issue and ignites new demand. As we know it doesn't take much new demand relative to low supply to have a dramatic upward price pressure

Thanks,

Carl

Movies can certainly bring new interest to a character but I don't believe the masses are suddenly compelled to spend 5 figs on a golden age book. There is plenty of source material available online for free, or 2-3 fig more recent books if they want to procure or speculate.

I believe the increase in awareness hits existing collectors that often times have overlooked a particular issue and ignites new demand. As we know it doesn't take much new demand relative to low supply to have a dramatic upward price pressure

I partially agree, and would value your input on this thought - I believe that, yes, GA collectors start to value the book more as it comes into their awareness as an overlooked book - BUT I also believe that when a movie is announced dealers become aware that GA collectors will be more aware of the book, and that puts notable demand on books with very low supply.

That's why I think movies make a big impact on prices.