• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Gator:

What is your opinion of the 'Dark Knight III DK3 Master Race #1 1:5000 Jim Lee Signed Sketch Variant Cover' selling for $4050?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-Knight-III-DK3-Master-Race-1-1-5000-Jim-Lee-Signed-Sketch-Variant-Cover-/381521096844?hash=item58d46df08c:g:8AgAAOSw5dNWmX4v

Goes to show you that some folks do desire such

Hey Gator

Going on five years soon, would you agree 'Billy Wright' was the last great 'find'? And what was 'THE' book(s) from the collection in your opinion? The 'Fantastic 3' stands out to me, but there were alot of early DC's and Centaurs :baiting: in there too.

Gator:

What is your opinion of the 'Dark Knight III DK3 Master Race #1 1:5000 Jim Lee Signed Sketch Variant Cover' selling for $4050?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-Knight-III-DK3-Master-Race-1-1-5000-Jim-Lee-Signed-Sketch-Variant-Cover-/381521096844?hash=item58d46df08c:g:8AgAAOSw5dNWmX4v

Your browser does not support audio.

Gator:

Your browser does not support audio.

Source coding saved!

Hey G.A.tor

In your opinion, has Captain America Comics 1 overtaken Marvel Comics number 1 in value?

some time ago ,yes

Marvel Comics 1 is still the top 3 comics ever produced. It's a King in any chess game. (thumbs u .

Hey G.A.tor

In your opinion, has Captain America Comics 1 overtaken Marvel Comics number 1 in value?

some time ago ,yes

Marvel Comics 1 is still the top 3 comics ever produced. It's a King in any chess game. (thumbs u .

its big for sure from a historical standpoint. Just not top 3 or even top 5 from a value standpoint

Hey G.A.tor

some time ago ,yes

its big for sure from a historical standpoint. Just not top 3 or even top 5 from a value standpoint
I see all the early MMs regaining steam at some point.

Hey G.A.tor

some time ago ,yes

I dont...always have some demand of course as they are way cool, but too much of a disconnect title for most newer ga collectors

Hey G.A.tor

some time ago ,yes

I dont...always have some demand of course as they are way cool, but too much of a disconnect title for most newer ga collectors

+1 I'm afraid.

Hey G.A.tor

some time ago ,yes

Those newbies are missing out. I immediately liked the early MMs when I started collecting hard in the early 90s. Besides the obvious, what else pulls new GA collectors away from such titles like Marvel Mystery, a pillar of the GA? And are you saying new GA collectors control the market?

Existing ga collectors either have already collected mmc or not a title on their radar. So only new demand will result in big movement in the title. Where is that new demand going to come from if not new ga collectors?

Look at all star on the dc side (comparable type run) ...chocked full of superheroes known today and still title that has been on an almost 10 yr backward slide. Timelys are great but most will choose cap over mmc

Existing ga collectors either have already collected mmc or not a title on their radar. So only new demand will result in big movement in the title. Where is that new demand going to come from if not new ga collectors?

Look at all star on the dc side (comparable type run) ...chocked full of superheroes known today and still title that has been on an almost 10 yr backward slide. Timelys are great but most will choose cap over mmc

the All Stars (and even some More Funs and Adventures) are good comparison to MM for timely. I can't understand why new GA collectors wouldn't be at least captivated by the historical importance of the MM title...how Goodman started Timely and how wild those stories and characters were compared to the tame DC flavor at that time. I don't think All Star means to DC what MM means to Timely.