• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Gator...I noticed you posted in CG that you have had the opportunity to see the new CGC cases. I am assuming they got your stamp of approval along with some of the other BIG Dawgs in the hobby. Im actually excited about these if the cases are clearer. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being SUPER DUPER COOL how would you rate these new cases? Are we talking like almost mylar-esque type of clear? Thanks buddy

hm

10 on a sliding scale.

Gator...I noticed you posted in CG that you have had the opportunity to see the new CGC cases. I am assuming they got your stamp of approval along with some of the other BIG Dawgs in the hobby. Im actually excited about these if the cases are clearer. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being SUPER DUPER COOL how would you rate these new cases? Are we talking like almost mylar-esque type of clear? Thanks buddy

hm

10 on a sliding scale.

Thats what I like to hear!! Thanks man (thumbs u

What's the current market prices for Amazing Man #26?

2000-3000 a point easy, assuming there's one for sale. Only seen 3 publicly for sale in last 11 years

Centaurs ? whats that

A mythical creature with the head, arms and torso of a man combined with equestrian legs and body.

Since it's mythical, it's gotta be rare. gw.gif

Oh i got one in the family or two :headbang:

G.A. tor,

For someone looking to learn more about the Golden Age of comics, what resources do you recommend? I'm not necessarily talking about purchasing books, but every time I look, there's a new title I've never heard about.

Thanks!

I'm not GAtor but I'm sure he would agree that the Gerber 2 volume set of GA cover photos will show you everything you ever wanted to know and som much more you didn't even know existed!
the ga Gerbers are wonderful!

I'm not GAtor but I'm sure he would agree that the Gerber 2 volume set of GA cover photos will show you everything you ever wanted to know and som much more you didn't even know existed!

The Gerber Photo-Journals are an excellent resource for covers, not so much to learn about the history, such as which books are important and why (except from a financial and theoretical scarcity perspective, and that info. is pretty outdated now). I know this has been covered in other threads, but here are some of the best materials to search for on the comics and their creators (esp., if obtained for a reasonable price through Amazon or other vendors):

Steranko's History of Comics Vol. I & II (oversized softcovers Supergraphics; reprinted)

All In Color For a Dime (Richard Lupoff; great articles collected about the GA of comics and passion for collecting them, new & used, HC or SC)

My Life in Comics (Joe Simon autobiography; lots of inside stories on the comics, publishers)

Add these to the Photo-Journal volumes and you'll be well on your way to GA nerd-dom! (thumbs u

the ga Gerbers are wonderful!

Agreed! :headbang:

What is the profit margin for a newsstand selling a 10c cover comic in 1930s compared to early 1960s?

from what I've read, 2-3c was profit in both eras

Gators beat osu....yay

And sold several golden age books today :headbang:

Wow guess i dont need to loan you money so i can get rich from all the great books you pickup rantrant

:acclaim:

I cant get to Wondercon my kid comes first and its Church time for her on friday and tonight but i am sad need Terry to put on a show fast Terry Terry Terry

Edited by woowoo

How can I get in touch with two comic book artists ?

The first one is Steve Santi, author of "Collecting little golden books". I have a question for him and wrote to info(at)thesantis.com, but the mail keeps coming back.

Second one is a colorist named Greg Theakston. Same here, mails to teasemag(at)mindspring.com keep coming back.

Do you have an idea how I can get my questions to the artists ? If somebody has their mail addresses, then I can forward my mails to him and he can forward it further.

Or write to me at dc-archiv(at)gmx.net

Or any other way ...

Bye,

Archi

How can I get in touch with two comic book artists ?

The first one is Steve Santi, author of "Collecting little golden books". I have a question for him and wrote to info(at)thesantis.com, but the mail keeps coming back.

Second one is a colorist named Greg Theakston. Same here, mails to teasemag(at)mindspring.com keep coming back.

Do you have an idea how I can get my questions to the artists ? If somebody has their mail addresses, then I can forward my mails to him and he can forward it further.

Or write to me at dc-archiv(at)gmx.net

Or any other way ...

Bye,

Archi

Maybe someone will provide a lead