• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

In my opinion...

Alabama and Ohio State got the "eye test" bump which we were told the committee wasn't using. How is Alabama's resume better than Florida's? How is Ohio State's resume better than Iowa's? (To date, I realize Iowa's resume is relatively front loaded and Ohio State and Alabama's resumes are back loaded). Do I think Iowa is better than Ohio State or that Florida is better than Alabama? Not a chance. But we were led to believe that the committee would rank teams based on what they have accomplished to date, not how good they actually are.

/rant

EDIT: Chris Brown put it better. Best Teams vs. Most Deserving Teams.

Edited by thunsicker

Rick,

when was the last notable OO GA collection that surfaced ? Was it the Billy Wright collection back in 2012 ?

Also, would you expect to see at least one come out in 2016?

That might be like guessing the lottery...

As long as the Gators beat Vandy tomorrow, all will be right again in the SEC

You really think so? So you're happy playing for third place I see...

I see the concept of an sec championship game is lost on you lol But being from South Carolina I understand :baiting:

Rick,

when was the last notable OO GA collection that surfaced ? Was it the Billy Wright collection back in 2012 ?

Also, would you expect to see at least one come out in 2016?

That might be like guessing the lottery...

Public auction, maybe. The Atlantic city collection came around the same time.

There are ga collections but OO that aren't known, are, well, not known lol

I see the concept of an sec championship game is lost on you lol But being from South Carolina I understand :baiting:

He could claim to be a Clemson fan?

Congrats to Florida on their last minute field goal to top Vanderbilt 9 - 7 today!

Last week Vandy was routed by The University of Houston 34 - 0.

Quick question - Rick, do you think U of H would beat Florida by 32 points given the results over the last two weeks? Personally I think they would hang 50 on the Gators, but I'm not anywhere near the professional fan that you are (worship)

Congrats to Florida on their last minute field goal to top Vanderbilt 9 - 7 today!

Quick question - Rick, do you think U of H would beat Florida by 32 points given the results over the last two weeks? Personally I think they would hang 50 on the Gators, but I'm not anywhere near the professional fan that you are (worship)

there was a spot off by about 18" in the first quarter that went against the gators; they win by 62 had the ref had got it right.

there was a spot off by about 18" in the first quarter that went against the gators; they win by 62 had the ref had got it right.

Momentum! The game is all about momentum, I tell you!

no

hard to believe we won

A few things. GAtor has never said that he thinks the gators are a CFP team. I think he is just happy the rebuild is ahead of schedule (as an Iowa fan I'm in the same boat, just glad they are winning more than I anticipated.) Second a win is a win. Show me a team that hasn't had a close call against an inferior opponent. At least Florida managed to win it.

GAtor. Where would you like to see your gators this holiday season? Any particular bowl you think is probable that you would like to see? Any particular opponent you would like to face?

A few things. GAtor has never said that he thinks the gators are a CFP team. I think he is just happy the rebuild is ahead of schedule (as an Iowa fan I'm in the same boat, just glad they are winning more than I anticipated.) Second a win is a win. Show me a team that hasn't had a close call against an inferior opponent. At least Florida managed to win it.

GAtor. Where would you like to see your gators this holiday season? Any particular bowl you think is probable that you would like to see? Any particular opponent you would like to face?

I can tell you that while I am going, I am not overly excited about playing Bama in the SEC....

depends on "if" we can beat SC and FSU...if we , by lucks draw, finish 11-2 (loss in sec), then I will be looking forward to a new years bowl that is appropriate :wishluck:

He could claim to be a Clemson fan?

He's not. And by third place, I mean the third best team in the SEC. Just b/c UF plays in the SEC Championship game, doesn't make them the second best team in the SEC.

The East is very weak this year....West is stacked.