• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crime SuspenStories 22 club
9 9

727 posts in this topic

I know that this a piece of art, but it still most definitely CSS22 related as you can see.

This is the third piece that I have had commissioned. The first was by Bill Sienkiewcz, the second by our own Karl Janot, and now the third one by John K Snyder III.

I approached John a little over a month ago and told him of my general theme, which interested him a great deal as he loved Craig's original as well. Long story short, John read my mind and created for me a perfect piece, in his own style, which pays homage to several of my favorite things. These things, in no particular order would be, CSS22, the film The Shining, Colorado (where I live) and The Stanley Hotel (located in Estes Park, CO) Steven King's inspiration for The Shining.

John came up with the idea and did not want the man and female victim to be Jack and Wendy from the film, but to be another horrible story from the Overlook Hotel's past. He thought a look from the 30's would be appropriate, which is reflected in the man's tuxedo and the victim's dress and art deco earrings. The carpet pattern is the exact pattern from the film, and John liked and utilized my suggestion to make the ax look like the fireman's style Jack and Grady used to do their damage. John said that he had a blast doing it, and I think it is apparent by the finished piece. He presented it to me at the Denver Con this past Saturday. He has made me very happy as you can imagine. I feel that my meager photography cannot do it justice. Please let me know what you think.