• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MegaCon March 2011 March 25th - 27th OCCC

312 posts in this topic

How does a d-bag like that make it through a convention without at least one pi$$ed off artist or fan throat-punching him? The guy shamelessly steals other's work, gives himself credits that make the worst resume-padder look like Honest Abe Lincoln, and continues to go on the convention circuit without any legal, financial or physical repurcussions? Unreal.

Found this video on youtube this guy right on the money at megacon

These were on Friday 25th

link to you tube

Rob Granito is a Fraud

Rob Granito is a fraud @ MegaCon 1

Rob Granito is a Fraud 4

MegaCon was a MADHOUSE today. It took 15 min to walk a few feet. This is my 6th MegaCon and today there were more attendees then Fri, Sat and Sunday combined last year (at least it felt that way)

They sold out on Saturday. One dealer said they were told that number was 36,000 tickets. That's amazing.

It was very busy and very packed ..not so much with comic buyers but anime folks. That said we did have our best Saturday sales wise of all the megacons I have attended!

Hey Rick...good to see you briefly, sorry I couldn't hang around longer but this was my 6-year old son's first show and he was a little overwhelmed. But...his highlight of the day was getting to hold one of your Batman #1's! (thumbs u

Greg

we should try to hook up at a game this year (thumbs u

What nobody took any pictures .... specifically nobody took any pictures of GATOR's wall ... ? I thought somebody said there was like 30 or 40 thousand people there ... if any of you took pictures .... please post'em ... thanks

I think someone snapped a shot of me holding my new acquisitions...a Tec 27 and the Allentown Marvel # 1.

:acclaim:

Not.

:sorry:

What nobody took any pictures .... specifically nobody took any pictures of GATOR's wall ... ? I thought somebody said there was like 30 or 40 thousand people there ... if any of you took pictures .... please post'em ... thanks

I took close-up video of GAtor's wall display and it is loading up to Youtube right

now. It should be in my con report within an hour. (thumbs u

Always my best show of the year. I can't count how many customers came to my booth asking me what book they should buy to get Stan Lee to sign. (that's like asking which color is best, red or blue.) Friday's sales were less than last year's, but Saturday made up for it. Once again, Sunday was my best day, making this show my best ever Megacon.

Kudos to Beth and her staff for doing it right, even if that means putting up with the anime crowd. But they were having a great time, and that's what it's all about.

Quick story; Customer comes to the booth Friday and asks if I have any Not Brand Ecch. I have a 3 and a $2 rag 5 and the customer goes wild. He's been looking for a 5 a long time because he was going to dress up as Forbush man on Saturday and get Stan Lee to sign it. He comes back Saturday, dressed as Forbush man, signed copy in hand, and is walking on air. He said that when it was his turn, Stan Lee pointed at him, laughed, and said "That's the best character I ever created". Think that guy won't remember that moment forever?

Arthur Suydam (great guy) told me that Megacon is the only show that reminds him of Comiccon-- the crowds, the excitement, the energy make it such a fun show.

Don't know what next year will bring. Heard they're having to switch it to the adjacent room. Don't know if it's bigger or smaller, but surely they can't get that many people into a smaller hall.