• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MegaCon March 2011 March 25th - 27th OCCC

312 posts in this topic

Great first day at the show! Not too crowded so it seemed easier to get around. A few people stopped by and said Hi! I'm looking forward to seeing more boardies and other collectors tomorrow. I'm set up in the Artist Alley YELLOW section, second table in from the main aisle. I have a poster behind me that features the dog that I use in my avatar.

Hope everyone has a great Megacon!

-Christian Slade

Looking forward to reports, and am interested to hear about any interactions with Stan, Shatner, and Valentino

Stan Lee and Shatner will be there tomorrow. Shot a lot of video the

last 2 days. It will be hard to decide what all to include in the con report. :cry:

:popcorn:

Looking forward to reports, and am interested to hear about any interactions with Stan, Shatner, and Valentino

Stan Lee and Shatner will be there tomorrow. Shot a lot of video the

last 2 days. It will be hard to decide what all to include in the con report. :cry:

:popcorn:

Conan the Wrestler will make the final cut. :gossip:

Last year I loved looking at Gator's wall(s)... anybody got some good pictures of his wall books this year ... please post them ... the closer more detailed the better ... He had a lot Golden Age that was eye candy to me. I wanted to go this year, but couldn't make it ... and when GATOR said he was bringing some special stuff this year I hoped somebody would take some good wall pictures ... of course I love seeing other dealer wall too ... smile ... but here's hoping somebody will have some good pictures.

Which by the way is my favorite thing ... more than people pictures are pictures of dealers wall displays. Although all the photos and videos are much appreciated as it's the next best thing to being there.

Thanks in advance for any eye candy.

MegaCon was a MADHOUSE today. It took 15 min to walk a few feet. This is my 6th MegaCon and today there were more attendees then Fri, Sat and Sunday combined last year (at least it felt that way)

MegaCon was a MADHOUSE today. It took 15 min to walk a few feet. This is my 6th MegaCon and today there were more attendees then Fri, Sat and Sunday combined last year (at least it felt that way)

They sold out on Saturday. One dealer said they were told that number was 36,000 tickets. That's amazing.

They sold out on Saturday. One dealer said they were told that number was 36,000 tickets. That's amazing.

It was very busy and very packed ..not so much with comic buyers but anime folks. That said we did have our best Saturday sales wise of all the megacons I have attended!

It took two hours plus to walk the whole floor looking for a toy for a child around the lunch hour on Saturday.

Largest crowd I have ever seen at a con outside of SDCC.

It was very busy and very packed ..not so much with comic buyers but anime folks. That said we did have our best Saturday sales wise of all the megacons I have attended!

I took my daughters to Ohayocon in Columbus. I assumed it was a moderate size anime convention. It was held in the same place as Mid-Ohio Con.

The anime crowd was at least five times the size of Mid-Ohio Con. You could not move anywhere within 500 feet of the convention. People were dressed up and standing shoulder to shoulder on the stairs two floors below the vendor room. I don't know how anime pulls in the folks when comics don't but even my daughters thought it was too crowded to bother going back to.

Jim was not swamped and he was knocking out amazing sketches in no time at all.

yeah the longest line with for Johns. once we got in line on saturday, they cut the line off right after my brother in law. i hate people signing a whole short box then taking pictures. they made the cut off from just 20 books, to 5 books then finally to 1 book right as John was about to leave.

Jim was knocking out some good sketches, saw him doing one of Iceman and sentinels.

Wanted to get a sketch from Tim but he had capped his list for the day.

Rivera was doing a beautiful Cap water painting.

:applause:

Hey Rick...good to see you briefly, sorry I couldn't hang around longer but this was my 6-year old son's first show and he was a little overwhelmed. But...his highlight of the day was getting to hold one of your Batman #1's! (thumbs u

Greg