• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MegaCon March 2011 March 25th - 27th OCCC

312 posts in this topic

In addition to our decent selection of SA and GA keys, I might be bringing a few surprises (depends on a certain situation developing)...

Did the rabbit die?

:o

Chose a 4 star hotel and got the Rosen Centre Hotel across from the convention center for $67 a nite.

That's a pretty good deal.

My $65 bid through Priceline wouldn't stick so I went with Hotwire this time.

That is a fantastic hotel, second only to the Peabody as far as Orange County Convention Center hotels are concerned.

When will I finally try Priceline???

You did try it...you're shacking up with me remember? :makepoint:

Chose a 4 star hotel and got the Rosen Centre Hotel across from the convention center for $67 a nite.

That is a fantastic hotel, second only to the Peabody as far as Orange County Convention Center hotels are concerned.

When will I finally try Priceline???

You did try it...you're shacking up with me remember? :makepoint:

:whee:

The best things about Mega-Con this weekend:

4). Watching the hardest working man in Comics (Dale Roberts) bring in and set-up his booth in record time. Just watching the man work makes me sweat.

7). Coming to the conclusion that everyone from the Boards is much more personable in real life then they are in cyberland.

:sumo:

The best things about Mega-Con this weekend:

4). Watching the hardest working man in Comics (Dale Roberts) direct his free labor to bring in and set-up his booth in record time. Just watching the man bark out orders to his lowly laborers while downing a Coke and a bag of Crackerjacks work makes me sweat.

7). Coming to the conclusion that everyone (but Watson) from the Boards is much more personable in real life then they are in cyberland.

:sumo:

Fixed! (thumbs u

Awesome!

Awesome!

:frustrated: I hate you Roy lol

Congrats on the cheap hotel... You've got a good streak going.

Awesome!

:frustrated: I hate you Roy lol

Congrats on the cheap hotel... You've got a good streak going.

I picked the best 4 star hotel I could find on Hotwire (gym/pool/spa etc).

How much are you paying?

I think I paid $150 a night for a King Room (Deluxe - Newly remodeled) at the Doubletree, directly through the Doubletree website (after the Megacon website said no more rooms were available at the Doubletree, go figure).

Like I told you in Chicago, I don't like taking the risk of being put in some random Hotel. I think that happened to Jeff (hotflips) last Wizard Chicago.

Yeah it did. It was a beautiful hotel though. Big rooms, clean. It was the Rennaisance if I remember right. It was 2 miles away, but their shuttle did take me back and forth to the convention center everyday.