• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 181 in 9.4 goes for $800??

184 posts in this topic

How does he sell 7 sets of hot wheels when he only owns 4 sets?

Scam.

That could easily have been someone not initially knowing how to work the "payment due upon purchase" of BIN and telling the buyers

Besides if that was the case why would he not have done 7 hulk 181's?

Not saying it's not a scam but ....

hold the phone, he just added two mtg black lotus cards ....

hm

7 CGC Hulk 181s would require 7 different pictures since the numbers are unique.

For HW, the same photo can be used over and over again.

And you think anyone running a scam would have a problem lifting 7 different hulk 181 pics?

So I sent him a question asking how he sold 7 JC Penney sets if he only owned 4.

This was his reply:

Dear icefires,

Well first off 1 person asked for a refund. because he couldn't get it over night shipping for free. And 2 others were from my collection other then the 4 I purchased from my Ex-Wife job J.C.Penny's. I have hundreds of THOUSANDS of Hot Wheels in my Collection that you know NOTHING about. I don't need to be questioned by anyone at my age. I'm not a child nor a liar nor a THIEF. If you are someone who purchased from me. Which I will now check. You to will be getting a FULL Refund & NOT getting the AMAZING deal I offered on eBay.

Don't bother wasting my time with your insecurities.

AND IT WAS 6 NOT 7 lol go away...

Take Care

I might use that line in the future hm

So I sent him a question asking how he sold 7 JC Penney sets if he only owned 4.

This was his reply:

Dear icefires,

Well first off 1 person asked for a refund. because he couldn't get it over night shipping for free. And 2 others were from my collection other then the 4 I purchased from my Ex-Wife job J.C.Penny's. I have hundreds of THOUSANDS of Hot Wheels in my Collection that you know NOTHING about. I don't need to be questioned by anyone at my age. I'm not a child nor a liar nor a THIEF. If you are someone who purchased from me. Which I will now check. You to will be getting a FULL Refund & NOT getting the AMAZING deal I offered on eBay.

Take Care

Why write him? Are you going to buy one? Maybe the sells are legit, maybe they are not? Who knows. But are you that bored with your life or that unhappy with it that you felt the need to write him?

This was his reply:

Dear icefires,

Take Care

Why write him? Are you going to buy one? Maybe the sells are legit, maybe they are not? Who knows. But are you that bored with your life or that unhappy with it that you felt the need to write him?

I was curious if and how he would respond because I think he is scamming.

If he isn't, he certainly has made a lot of people happy. Time will tell.

This was his reply:

Dear icefires,

Take Care

I was curious if and how he would respond because I think he is scamming.

If he isn't, he certainly has made a lot of people happy. Time will tell.

Some of us write because some of us like to try to flush out would be scammers. I don't have a problem with that.

I just went through all the completed auctions and I'm beginning to think that he's a legit seller.

Somewhere on one of the auctions he mentioned having just gone through a divorce and needing money right away...

That Hulk 181 & X-men 94 might be the real deal! :o

In one picture of a pvc model you can see all the Star Wars stuff he has... maybe he got a divorce because his wife thought he was spending too much money on 'stuff'...

if anyone believes these auctions are legit, well then, you deserve to be taken (thumbs u

That's probably true, but seriously, I say that we can't make any true judgments until the comic either arrives or a dispute is raised.

Can't wait to see what happens. :popcorn:

I was the underbidder on a Heritage auction last year which went for $270. The same (slabbed) book turned up on ebay with a cruddy picture at $150 BIN the week before last. I half expected something to go wrong, but I now have the book in my hands.

I know it's a long way from my example to this one, but sometimes people sell at a loss for their own reasons. Time will tell.