• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For all you Caprica fans

16 posts in this topic

This is cool...

the U.S. cable outlet Syfy announced that it had ordered a pilot for Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome, a more action-oriented prequel to the original series, focussing on a young William Adama, played by Edward James Olmos in the 2004-09 original.

I want to see Battlestar Galactica! I loved the Battlestar Galactica series. I wanted to like Caprica but all I did was wait, and wait, and wait... and nothing happened. I was not going to wait again during the 2nd series, but now I will not have to.

I hope Blood and Chrome will do better! but I don't think it will ever bee another Battlestar Galactica. (I wish they would pick that one up again for a season 5)

I've been watching Caprica from the first episode and it is like watching paint dry on the side of my house. For the two seasons (so far) there must have been a total of 60 seconds of Cylons. By the half of the first season the Cylons should have been created and revolted. I don't know what the producers were thinking.

Hmm, I still have a few episodes of season 2 onthe DVR to watch. Things were picking up a little. But good golly, it was going to be another 3 years before we saw how this wrapped up. No spoilers, but I kindah see where this was/is going. She's going to create and army of suicide bombers who will blow themselves up to be resurrected into the virtual world. Those in the virtual world are going to eventually want real bodies.

What I don't get is how this all wraps into the mythology we kept on hearing about on BSG where it seemed cylons had a long long time in the culture, the "final 5" and the priests talking about lore and stuff. All of these events on Caprica are happening during adama's teen years, so like 50 years ago.

I do understand how they were saying this is a cycle. Like it's going to happen in any civilization and it had happened on other planets going back eons.

Did Human Target also get cancelled? I have a few season II episodes of that taped too.

After watching this week's episode, the first thing I said to my wife was, "Okay, what was accomplished in this episode?" She hemmed and hawed and muttered something about something. Nothing had actually happened. In fact, the entire plot to this point could have been achieved in four episodes, and we could be well into the development of interesting primitive cylon psychology/theology by now. Heck, they could already be at the onset of war!

Instead, we're still scuffing our feet in a slow-as-molasses subplot about infiltrating the STO (with painstaking detail), a tires-in-the-mud subplot about whether Daniel Greystone is in or out as the head of his company, and another subplot about...

...hey! I just realized the problem with Caprica! The whole thing's nothing but subplot! There's no MAIN plot anywhere!

After watching this week's episode, the first thing I said to my wife was, "Okay, what was accomplished in this episode?" She hemmed and hawed and muttered something about something. Nothing had actually happened. In fact, the entire plot to this point could have been achieved in four episodes, and we could be well into the development of interesting primitive cylon psychology/theology by now. Heck, they could already be at the onset of war!

Instead, we're still scuffing our feet in a slow-as-molasses subplot about infiltrating the STO (with painstaking detail), a tires-in-the-mud subplot about whether Daniel Greystone is in or out as the head of his company, and another subplot about...

...hey! I just realized the problem with Caprica! The whole thing's nothing but subplot! There's no MAIN plot anywhere!

It was turning into boring version of LOST, no wonder it was cancelled!!!