• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Trimmed Batman.... See how they did it!!!!

16 posts in this topic

First there was the infamous Batman #11 that was trimmed and resubmitted for a higher grade, now comes this 893censored-thumb.gif

I knew that without a before and after picture....no one would believe that this book was trimmed, so I snuck over to my friendly neighborhood restorer's house to see if I could catch him in the act.

As luck would have it, the criminal mastermind behind half of the trimmed books on the east coast just couldn't resist honing his craft in broad daylight 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

The nerve of this guy is unparalleled foreheadslap.gif

So now for the first time in graphic detail, I present evidence of the corruption that is ruining this great hobby of ours. Some of you may be tempted to look away, but you must stay focused on the horrific images that follow if we as a collector society are going to clean up this corruption at its source 893applaud-thumb.gif

Notice the chipping on the edge...clearly no better than a VF!

cloud9.gif

batman1.jpg

The tools of the trade... 893whatthe.gif

batman2.jpg

ITS TRIMMING TIME devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif

batman3.jpg

Notice the precision used in the process....razor sharp cut every time thumbsup2.gif

batman4.jpg

The real evidence is the left overs!!!

batman5.jpg

Can you spot the trimming????? I didn't think so 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

batman6.jpg

that weed eater is pretty well used...how many comics have been trimmed anyways? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

LMAO!

I would guess that out of the 9,000,000,000 comics in circulation, that probably a even million or so have been trimmed wink.gif At least half of all the keys have some restoration by now.....

LMAO!

I would guess that out of the 9,000,000,000 comics in circulation, that probably a even million or so have been trimmed wink.gif At least half of all the keys have some restoration by now.....

are you referring to all AGES or just GA?? confused.gif