• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'LL TAKE IT!!!

216 posts in this topic

If it is not a somewhat "normal" practice, why are there so many posts in the sales thread with " :takeit: per pm " ?

Either way works for me. (thumbs u

The flat-our reason why some buyers don't want to post an :takeit: in the thread when purchasing by PM, is that they don't want anyone to know what they paid for it and where they got it, before they flip it in some other venue. Those that pretend to have other reasons would just as soon steal your lunch as well . . . :grin:

If it is not a somewhat "normal" practice, why are there so many posts in the sales thread with " :takeit: per pm " ?

The flat-our reason why some buyers don't want to post an :takeit: in the thread when purchasing by PM, is that they don't want anyone to know what they paid for it and where they got it, before they flip it in some other venue. Those that pretend to have other reasons would just as soon steal your lunch as well . . . :grin:

I'd agree with the first sentence, David, but the 2nd ?

It's like Andrew's motto, it used to be "people suck" ...I conned talked him into modifying it...to "SOME people suck". Do you really think EVERYONE is devious, lol?

The reason people want to do it privately is because they remain anonymous. Reading into it any more than that is just guesswork on your part.

It's like Andrew's motto, it used to be "people suck" ...I conned talked him into modifying it...to "SOME people suck". Do you really think EVERYONE is devious, lol?

You know what they say...it takes one...

You what they say...it takes one...

I have never personally had a problem with David, just think he's only seeing one side here....there are obviously lots of people who dislike showing their hand, or showing off. It's really hard to buy something here and hide the price...there are lots of very good detectives who seem to enjoy solving that stuff, much more than solving TV mysteries.

You what they say...it takes one...

I have never personally had a problem with David, just think he's only seeing one side here....there are obviously lots of people who dislike showing their hand, or showing off. It's really hard to buy something here and hide the price...there are lots of very good detectives who seem to enjoy solving that stuff, much more than solving TV mysteries.

I agree. There are many reasons someone would want to keep a purchase anonymous.

(thumbs u

Hi Sharon,

Not in the least - That's why the second sentence is followed by a :grin: But as they say, "anonymity breeds contempt". And there's a laundry list of members here who play the holier than thou card, and you don't need to travel far to know who I'm referring to . . . ;)

-d

I started buying via pm as much as possible after the dekeuk investment scam attempt. Just didnt want to be seen as someone who spends much money.

I started buying via pm as much as possible after the dekeuk investment scam attempt. Just didnt want to be seen as someone who spends much money.

Ha Ha

Well, you certainly blew your cover now. Ha Ha

You sound just like the kind of guy I need to talk to. You see, I have this bridge for sale. It is in San Francisco and is a gold mine.

PM me, so no one knows about this fantastic deal I am offering you. We'll keep it on the QT. :)

Ha Ha

Well, you certainly blew your cover now. Ha Ha

You sound just like the kind of guy I need to talk to. You see, I have this bridge for sale. It is in San Francisco and is a gold mine.

PM me, so no one knows about this fantastic deal I am offering you. We'll keep it on the QT. :)

hm pm sent :) (hope i dont get trumped)