• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AN OPEN CHALLENGE TO CHICKENDEVIL

155 posts in this topic

I like to ask nicely that we don't take pot shots at the CPG forum itself. I started out posting there and still do. Some of the CGC board members came over there and started some trouble a while back, and that led me over here to check out this forum.

I enjoy both forums very much, and if you don't like that forum or the folks on there that's completely ok thumbsup2.gif

It just doesn't make sense to me to poke fun of folks over there, when some of the same folks are over here posting. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now if you don't like me on this forum or the other one, then by all means say what you want devil.gif

CPG

CGP 2

OMG... a whole new world of comic geeks to annoy and otherwise irritate... cloud9.gif

I dare you to try and spend any amount of time over there. sleeping.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I accept your challenge. What's the over/under on the number of days before my lifetime ban?

We should start a pool.

OK, my 2 shiny red pennies (I painted them myself) on this.

- Yes Ian may be prone to over reaction and a little drama, but c'mon if anyone of us sent 5 grand and didnt receive any books, I can be there would be screaming from the rooftops - I agree with the comment that was made vis-a-vie the 1.50 shipping charge thing a ma bob. I supported Deathlock on that one and I support Ian on this puppy.

- This tread may have inadvertantly subjected the CPG boards to Major Khaos 4_13_13.gif um for that we here at CGC board central are truly sorry. er just kidding, go get those peons oh lexicon of verbal gymnastics MK. devil.gif

- 893scratchchin-thumb.gif If you buy off Metro you may come out of the experience with thread marks as the Wheels are always in Motion - BUT I mean at least you know they have the books. 4_17_4.gif 10_1_132.gif

- and finally to all the unscupulous 893censored-thumb.gif who are trying to take advantage of a collector who maybe needs to look a little more before leaping but otherwise seems to be an on the up and up collector......... 10_1_9.gif

My conflict wasn't about the actual cost of the shipping, without rehashing the whole thread. It was that he refused to sell the book.

Ian kinda deserved what he got. It's a tough pill to swallow, but he sent $5000 sight unseen to someone he didn't know. He did not check the seller out, nor did he ask how the seller found him out.

It seems that often Ian's is so consumed it competing his Herculean task that he acts without thinking (i.e. the Metro thread and now this one.) Ian should step away for a bit and passively pursue these books, as he is becoming tiresome and annoying.

Still rooting for him to get all the books flowerred.gif

I signed up there today......you can call me......Winston Wolf.

insane.gif

Remember Redhook- "Just because you are a character doesn't mean you have character."

-Pulp Fiction 27_laughing.gif

Touche! boo.gif27_laughing.gif

After reading all this I'm begining to think collecting comics is utter madness.

The truest words ever spoken

It's not collecting comics that can be utter madness....but collecting every comic.

I enjoy collecting, and have yet to encounter any significant problems....

It's not collecting comics that can be utter madness....but collecting every comic.

I enjoy collecting, and have yet to encounter any significant problems....

Or any comic which is in short supply. Collecting any given Gold, Silver, or Bronze issue in the best available grade also sometimes leads to the type of dramatic fraud Ian is going through.

I have discussed this at CPG...If CD said you, Ian, should receive the money within 2 weeks, why attack him before that time period ends?

Because he's a liar and a thief? confused-smiley-013.gif

I like to ask nicely that we don't take pot shots at the CPG forum itself. I started out posting there and still do. Some of the CGC board members came over there and started some trouble a while back, and that led me over here to check out this forum.

I enjoy both forums very much, and if you don't like that forum or the folks on there that's completely ok thumbsup2.gif

It just doesn't make sense to me to poke fun of folks over there, when some of the same folks are over here posting. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So true Shane

We all agree what Ian is going through is a shame. As comic collectors we don't want anyone to get ripped off, just look how many people bash Chuckie on the daily for some, if not all, of his prices insane.gif

But the sad truth is Ian, in his desire, made a foolish decision to send $5000, overseas, for books, sight unseen, without any kind of protection at all, to someone who contacted him out of the blue from another message board.

Yes it's a shame Ian got bent over but he has to take a measure of responsability and just chalk it up to stupidity on his part.

Now we all hope he get his money back and this Lars or Chickendevil person gets dealt with in a good and proper fashion. Chickendevil was gone before I came to CPG so I have no opinion either way but if I was to choose I would take Ians side in a heartbeat, comic book theives are right up there with child molesters and the New York Yankees.

Now I ask the members of CGC who think it's cool to come to CPG and sign up for the simple fact of causing trouble, save the time for something constructive. Some of us read these boards everyday and we know when someone posts over at CPG because they have to come back here to tell everyone how bad they were over at CPG,

Since both CPG and CGC are business partners there is no point why both boards cannot get along, we are all adults.

I have discussed this at CPG...If CD said you, Ian, should receive the money within 2 weeks, why attack him before that time period ends?

Saying and doing are 2 different things. Considering it appears through the evidence in the emails and even old messages on the CPG boards, he probably lied about ever even possessing these issues, so why believe he will be sending the money?

Because he's a liar and a thief?

Exactly !!!!!!!

He lied about having the three comics.

He lied about sending them.

He lied about the tracking number.

He lied about his brother.

He habitually lied in his postings on the CPG forum.

How can I believe a word he says ????

Hi Ian...

I'm down south in Portsmouth... I was thinking maybe we should start some kind of UK collectors thing to prevent fellow Brits from getting stung...

I hope you get your cash, I've got stung too... for a lot smaller amount, but it still smarts all the same.

Anyways, if I can help, then drop me a line...

smile.gif