• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Un-Official 2010 Secret Santa "What you got thread"

732 posts in this topic

Course early peeking is frowned upon, but a nice shot of the envelope, box or package nestled safely under your tree until the 25th is highly smiled upon !!

Heres mine........

IMG_6184.jpg

Thats right.... I got nothin so far :( but theres still time.

Ah.....Mike.....ye must be getting old. Is that a rocking chair leg in the background.

Course early peeking is frowned upon, but a nice shot of the envelope, box or package nestled safely under your tree until the 25th is highly smiled upon !!

Heres mine........

IMG_6184.jpg

Thats right.... I got nothin so far :( but theres still time.

Ah.....Mike.....ye must be getting old. Is that a rocking chair leg in the background.

Yup. And the fireplace is just to the left where that rug is. On cold winter nights, I stoke up the fire, pull the rocker up close, fix that pillow for my aching back, and warm these auld joints while I read a comic. Then if I don't like it..... I just toss it in the fire :insane:

IMG_6184.jpg

This was a photo of him having just opened a slabbed copy of Amazing Fantasy #15, that became the all-time best secret santa gift ever. Unfortunately, when he later travelled back in time in his Delorean, he never quite was able to get his parents to have their first kiss...

Well I had this arrive today in the mail

Secretsanta1.jpg

When I opened it up, THIS is what I saw...

secretsanta2.jpg

it also included a note from my Secret Santa :gossip:

secretsanta3.jpg

I will open my gift on Christmas Day! :whee:

Thanks, James and I hope everything is going well for you and your family. You trul;y deserve it

I've been so focused on getting something for the boardie I was given, I sort of forgot I was going to be getting something, too. So when I found a package on my porch, I was like, sweet, the gift got here in time to send it off. When I lifted it, it was waaaaay too heavy for the gift I bought. What did this guy do, mail it with a brick? That doesn't sound particularly safe for the :censored: I bought for :censored:.

Then it struck me. This was the gift from my Secret Santa. Yay!

Of course, the person didn't put his screen name on there, so I'm not 100% sure who it is yet, but I guess I could just post his real name and ask around.

Anyway, these gifts, wrapped in Spider-Man wrapping paper look great and I can't wait to open 'em. (thumbs u

107077.jpg.1ab137f2fe4177045872e39e967c28a8.jpg

I am such an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, I did not holiday wrap my gift or even enclose a note with it. Dude is gonna open the box wondering what is inside and be like, "Did I buy these online?" not even realizing it was from his secret santa.

I am such an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, I did not holiday wrap my gift or even enclose a note with it. Dude is gonna open the box wondering what is inside and be like, "Did I buy these online?" not even realizing it was from his secret santa.

And with a return-address label of "chunkybutt"....

Well this will not be a what did I get... but a very :whee: that it is here

And a pre thank you thank you to who ever my Secret Santa is :banana:

:applause:

Now I have it under the tree waiting for 12/25

WEBHEAD

this isn't secret santa, but past 3 years have received a cool customs Wine bottle from Metro....

here they are

metrowine.jpg

Wine and old comics..... what a combination :cloud9:

You should probably pop those Rick. Not ALL wine keeps well. Only the good stuff :baiting: