• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 10K+ Funny Book club

285 posts in this topic

Can I ask you guys who posted books a question. I was talking with another boardie about raw books We bought back in the 70's,80's and 90's back before CGC and was curious about something.

If you dont mind me asking, Were any of the books posted so far bought raw by you guys back in the day or were they all bought already slabbed?

Could you guys please post wether they bought raw or slabbed?

Thanks!

If you dont mind me asking, Were any of the books posted so far bought raw by you guys back in the day or were they all bought already slabbed?

Of the books I posted, I bought both the ASM #3 and #7 in the 1990s before CGC opened its doors.

Of the books I posted, only the JLA #1 was slabbed by me. Being an ex-Zombie, most of my major acquisitions prior to CGC were Marvels, which I then slabbed and sold to fund my slabbed DC acquisitions.

If you can't beat them:

Flash10592f.jpg

And the hits just keep on coming!! :applause:

(The nicest and freshest SA DC on earth IMO !!!!!!)

How can someone keep this book so fresh for 51+ years? HOW? HOW? HOW?

These aren't mine and never were. They came into my LCS raw and he had them graded. I got to hold them before they were slabbed but I only got pictures of the scans when they were slabbed. The LCS sold them as a lot for $100k.

PICT0001-1.jpg

PICT0003-1.jpg

PICT0004-1.jpg

These aren't mine and never were. They came into my LCS raw and he had them graded. I got to hold them before they were slabbed but I only got pictures of the scans when they were slabbed. The LCS sold them as a lot for $100k.

:o

They actually found a local buyer for those? AMAZING! (worship)