• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 10K+ Funny Book club

285 posts in this topic

cheetah's Rule #37: When there are more comments in a show-me-your-comics thread than there are comics, the thread is done for.

Good point. Let`s try to restore the balance.

At the risk of being pilloried, here are a few more (most of which I don`t own anymore):

aquaman1nm96oww.jpg

Showcase34.jpg

showcase35.jpg

showcase36.jpg

BB34.jpg

JLA1.jpg

Don't think I've ever seen a JLA above 9.0 (that's how shallow my DC knowledge is but I'm getting better!)

I wish I could post to this thread but the books I had that might fit the criteria left these hands a long time ago.

How about if we start a $10K+ thread in the GA forum?

I still wouldn't have any Silver Age books to post there. :ohnoez:

I wish I could post to this thread but the books I had that might fit the criteria left these hands a long time ago.

How about if we start a $10K+ thread in the GA forum?

I still wouldn't have any Silver Age books to post there. :ohnoez:

doh!

cheetah's Rule #37: When there are more comments in a show-me-your-comics thread than there are comics, the thread is done for.

At the risk of being pilloried, here are a few more (most of which I don`t own anymore):

Boy, if I were an elitist I'd at least own my own scanner.

:baiting:

Don't think I've ever seen a JLA above 9.0 (that's how shallow my DC knowledge is but I'm getting better!)

They don`t appear very often, which is why I like collecting DCs. That particular copy later magically transformed into a 9.4.

Being an elitist, I don`t do manual labor when someone else has already done it for me. :acclaim:

Being an elitist, I don`t do manual labor when someone else has already done it for me. :acclaim:

Touche.

It's always a fine line when you post scans of your books. Some people get upset and think you are showing off. Some get jealous. Some think it's cool. A lot just don't really care. I figure that I have spent hours and days scanning all these freaking books and for what? So I can let them sit on a hard drive and get dusty? Might as well post 'em if I've got 'em. If you like it, don't like it or don't care, it doesn't really matter much in the big picture of life.

The fact that anyone would get upset baffles me. Makes you wonder whether or not some people sign up here strictly for the birthday threads.

I don't get upset, but it's easy to see why people do. They either assume the poster is a braggart, or they're simply jealous. Either are easily understandable negative emotions we see every day.

I get that but like i said, i LOVE seeing scans from cheetah, rube, greggy and many others of books that i can only dream of someday owning. I might be envious of them but i certainly dont begrudge them or think they are rubbing my nose in their awesome books and i hope nobody thinks thats what i'm doing when i post scans of my books. Most of us LOVE this hobby to a ridiculous degree and if we cant share our gems, wether they be $1 or $1,000,000 books, it would be pretty sad.

I dont have ONE single friend that gives a rats about comic books or my collection and haven't since i was a little kid. Before this board, i didnt have a single person i could talk to about my books or collections. Now that i'm here, i love being able to show my books and talk about them with other people who feel the same way about comics.

Isn't that the whole point of this message board???

I agree. In some cases we are seeing the best books in existence. I don't find anyone being a showoff or a braggart. I relish the fact that I can view these books. I've never been the jealous type or offend easily. It's pretty simple, if you are offended or jealous of the posters or books posted in this thread, have the willpower to not view it. I would venture an overwhelming amount of viewers love this thread. 2c

Touche.

Don`t mess with me, boy! I was being carried around on a palanquin by servants when you were still a gleam in your father`s eye!

What would you think the boad reaction would be to a $100k+ only club?

Key word here is "club" as it is a segregator of the members from the rest of the community.

Again nothing against the thread other than an unfiortunate choice of wording.

I for one would love to see a $100K book club. I love seeing the best of the best! (thumbs u

What would you think the boad reaction would be to a $100k+ only club?

Key word here is "club" as it is a segregator of the members from the rest of the community.

Again nothing against the thread other than an unfiortunate choice of wording.

I think a 100k club would be cool; it would be something I would like to one day join. Your tec27 4.0 would look real nice in it. 100k x 4 book. It's all in good fun and we should all enjoy these big books

+1

They don`t appear very often, which is why I like collecting DCs. That particular copy later magically transformed into a 9.4.

Undergraded old label?

Undergraded old label?

It is one of the reasons why I firmly believe that CGC used to grade more strictly during the old label era, because I totally believed the book was a 9.4 when I submitted it for slabbing and was pretty disappointed when it came back as a 9.2.

Whether the increase in grade was purely the result of tight grading/looser grading arbitrage, I don`t know. What I do know is that Josh Nathanson was the winner when I sold it on Heritage as a 9.2. A few months later he and Steve Lauterbach were marketing it on Comiclink, along with a 9.4 Flash 105 which had also been a 9.2 in the same auction as my JLA 1 (that one had some obvious cleaning work done on it).

Those are the facts, people may draw whatever conclusions they wish to from those facts.

Undergraded old label?

It is one of the reasons why I firmly believe that CGC used to grade more strictly during the old label era, because I totally believed the book was a 9.4 when I submitted it for slabbing and was pretty disappointed when it came back as a 9.2.

Whether the increase in grade was purely the result of tight grading/looser grading arbitrage, I don`t know. What I do know is that Josh Nathanson was the winner when I sold it on Heritage as a 9.2. A few months later he and Steve Lauterbach were marketing it on Comiclink, along with a 9.4 Flash 105 which had also been a 9.2 in the same auction as my JLA 1 (that one had some obvious cleaning work done on it).

Those are the facts, people may draw whatever conclusions they wish to from those facts.

I was really surprise to see your JLA 1 a 9.2 since all your books are 9.4+ (shrug) But then again, as you mention...it could be a stricter grading period and possible technological work.

This is my SC22 under copy.

DC-260-75B0C24.jpg

So why isn't it in your sig line? Man, I'm amazed at how many SC 22 you have!! (worship) I hope to pick one up someday after I get my AF #15, ASM #1 etc. Hhaha :)

You have no idea! We're actually investigating wether showcase is actually Hal Jordan in real life hm