• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 10K+ Funny Book club

285 posts in this topic

These aren't mine and never were. They came into my LCS raw and he had them graded. I got to hold them before they were slabbed but I only got pictures of the scans when they were slabbed. The LCS sold them as a lot for $100k.

:o

They actually found a local buyer for those? AMAZING! (worship)

Actually Doug Schmell bought them and were resold in one of his auctions.

These aren't mine and never were. They came into my LCS raw and he had them graded. I got to hold them before they were slabbed but I only got pictures of the scans when they were slabbed. The LCS sold them as a lot for $100k.

:o

They actually found a local buyer for those? AMAZING! (worship)

Actually Doug Schmell bought them and were resold in one of his auctions.

That is correct. They were the headliners in his first Grand Auction.

776911_001.jpg

i wouldn't have thought it would be worthy of inclusion in the thread but, most importantly, someone else did. purchased raw, slabbed by me.

I absolutely love that cover. Loved it since the first time I saw it. It's one of my three or four favorite FF covers. (thumbs u

It's something about the purples and greens. I first bought a copy of the book at a HoustonCon in the early '70s. It wasn't the lowest number FF I had at that time but it was the nicest copy of an early issue that I had picked up to that point. The colors on it seemed to glow. It was less than ten years removed from the newsstand. That 9.6 looks the same way.

It's something about the purples and greens. I first bought a copy of the book at a HoustonCon in the early '70s. It wasn't the lowest number FF I had at that time but it was the nicest copy of an early issue that I had picked up to that point. The colors on it seemed to glow. It was less than ten years removed from the newsstand. That 9.6 looks the same way.
Richie is in a sappy mode.

776911_001.jpg

i wouldn't have thought it would be worthy of inclusion in the thread but, most importantly, someone else did. purchased raw, slabbed by me.

I absolutely love that cover. Loved it since the first time I saw it. It's one of my three or four favorite FF covers. (thumbs u

Purple :cloud9:

Richie is in a sappy mode.

Merry Canuckmas Greg (thumbs u

The colours are so vibrant! Looks way better than Cream to Off-White! :)

DC cover stock was often made from decent paper, so the whiteness of a cover often does not reflect the preservation of the interior pages. I`ve owned a few early SA DCs where the cover made you think the PQ must be White or at least Off-White to White, and instead the PQ was Cream-to-Off-White or Off-White.

The colours are so vibrant! Looks way better than Cream to Off-White! :)

DC cover stock was often made from decent paper, so the whiteness of a cover often does not reflect the preservation of the interior pages. I`ve owned a few early SA DCs where the cover made you think the PQ must be White or at least Off-White to White, and instead the PQ was Cream-to-Off-White or Off-White.

I see. I didn't know that. Thanks for explaining (: it's really moments like these which makes me so appreciative of the boards where knowledge is so freely shared. I hope to learn more about sa comics along the way!! Merry Christmas all!! (: