• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 10K+ Funny Book club

285 posts in this topic

This is my SC22 under copy.

DC-260-75B0C24.jpg

So why isn't it in your sig line? Man, I'm amazed at how many SC 22 you have!! (worship) I hope to pick one up someday after I get my AF #15, ASM #1 etc. Hhaha :)

You have no idea! We're actually investigating wether showcase is actually Hal Jordan in real life hm

That would clear things up. hmlol

I really love seeing all these awesome books out there. That reminds me, I gotta add this topic to my Watched Topics!

This is my SC22 under copy.

DC-260-75B0C24.jpg

So why isn't it in your sig line? Man, I'm amazed at how many SC 22 you have!! (worship) I hope to pick one up someday after I get my AF #15, ASM #1 etc. Hhaha :)

You have no idea! We're actually investigating wether showcase is actually Hal Jordan in real life hm

That would clear things up. hmlol

I really love seeing all these awesome books out there. That reminds me, I gotta add this topic to my Watched Topics!

No Hal Jordan here...but just love that darn book. <3

Where are the OAAW 81 and 83's?

Any Sgt Fury 1's?

How about a Richie Rich 1, Little Dot 1; would highest graded or those two make the cut?

I would think the Sg1 Fury 1's and Richie Rich 1, and the OAAW 83 highest graded. (shrug) I'm sure 10-20 years from now, many other books will meet the criteria.

Ahem! And now for something completely different: More books! :insane:

JIM93PC.jpg

tos39001.jpg

TTA27.jpg

ASM1KEEPER.jpg

Stud. :headbang: That JIM is mind-blowing.

Tim, I had no idea an Aquaman #1 could ever be worth 10K to anyone.

:kidaround:

Crazy books. Too bad you don't own them all any more, though I'm sure selling them worked out for you.

I'm hesitant to voluntarily join this club...concentrating on monetary value seems shallow. :blush:

I have to agree I have books that I could have posted but a club based on monetary value excludes other collectors.

I like the AF #15 and other clubs (e.g. ASM and Daredevil threads) as they allow collectors of all grades and value bands to show their comics whether high value or not).

+1 While I believe the originator of this thread has good intentions, this thread is a bit provocative and reduces comic book collecting to showing off commodities. This probably isn't true. However it makes me wonder what is the point in showing off you know everything about the value of books but actually nothing about their intrinsic value; i.e., the colors, the artwork, the stories, etc.

Seriously? I thought it was just about showing off nice books. (shrug)

There have been many other club threads that is about showing off nice books. It's just that the emphasis on monetary value was never a criteria.

Really..?

You're not feeling persecuted, are you...?

What would you think the boad reaction would be to a $100k+ only club?

Hopefully, wildly ecstatic.

Key word here is "club" as it is a segregator of the members from the rest of the community.

Again nothing against the thread other than an unfiortunate choice of wording.

Does anyone get upset when they're excluded from the Caliber Presents #1 club? Or the Maxx Ashcan club? Of course not. There are all sorts of "segregators" (if one chooses to look at it that way) because we're all different. We could all have our own exclusive club, if we so chose. Everyone else is excluded from the "I'm RMA" club.

But NOT everybody is excluded from the $10K+ book club, and even though I have not a single book that comes close...and I'd have trouble putting together 10 books that are $1K+...I THRILL at these types of threads, because seeing these works of art, in the best level of preservation possible, excites me.

It's only exclusionary if you think in exclusive terms.

Any Sgt Fury 1's?

How about a Richie Rich 1, Little Dot 1; would highest graded or those two make the cut?

Had it...wish I never sold it...

fury1.JPG

Ridiculously ultra nice grail !! (worship)

I started to post these the other day, but none of them are 10K books.

Maybe someday but not yet...

gicombat68.jpg

oaaw81.jpg

oaaw83.jpg

The highest graded 83 is a 9.0 and would definitely go for well over 10 grand.

I started to post these the other day, but none of them are 10K books.

Maybe someday but not yet...

gicombat68.jpg

oaaw81.jpg

oaaw83.jpg

The highest graded 83 is a 9.0 and would definitely go for well over 10 grand.

I was the underbidder on an 8.0 OAAW 81 a couple of years ago in C-Link. Is this the same book I wonder?