• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How does this happen

157 posts in this topic

(You can probably put a considerable chunk of my crankiness down to the fact that Hodgson's still in charge!)

(tsk) No politics. Mods notified.

too much time on your hands that you needed to post this? maybe i should pull out my knives with the snark as well?

Or is economic theory as it relates to the marketplace too much for you to grasp and add a worthwhile comment to?

What theory of economics did you learn that proposes items should sell for precisely the same price they sold at the time before and the time before that? :insane:

when supply equals demand the cost should stay constant. these books as far as i see are constantly available. in a row of products for sale the one right behind the other cost the same.

ever been to a supermarket?

Have you ever been to a supermarket where groceries are auctioned off? I'm betting milk prices by the litre will vary from one sale to the next unless they are all set at the same reserve.

:

You sir, can take yourself and your silly metric system and begone!

I'll continue to sip from my gallon jug of moo-juice.

mmmmm....moo-juice.....

too much time on your hands that you needed to post this? maybe i should pull out my knives with the snark as well?

Or is economic theory as it relates to the marketplace too much for you to grasp and add a worthwhile comment to?

What theory of economics did you learn that proposes items should sell for precisely the same price they sold at the time before and the time before that? :insane:

when supply equals demand the cost should stay constant. these books as far as i see are constantly available. in a row of products for sale the one right behind the other cost the same.

ever been to a supermarket?

Have you ever been to a supermarket where groceries are auctioned off? I'm betting milk prices by the litre will vary from one sale to the next unless they are all set at the same reserve.

(thumbs u

I have my masters in finance with an undergrad minor in economics.

I wouldn't have bragged about that after starting this thread. That's just me though.

:baiting:

yep im new to collecting

but as far as i can tell these new moderns are just like going to a supermarket for the most part. especially since auctions are often competing against BINs.

Being a "Noob" and a complete dope are totally different.

Gee I wonder which one the OP appears to be. :eyeroll:

He struck me as someone who asked an honest question. Seriously, what's the matter with you? How hard is it to post a civil response?

The matter with me is I despise people who don't have the education of a 6th grader, and ask questions that reflect that. :hi:

Everyone who has responded in this thread with an honest answer to this ridiculous question all are now dumber for doing so.

Merry Christmas. (thumbs u

You sir, can take yourself and your silly metric system and begone!

I'll continue to sip from my gallon jug of moo-juice.

mmmmm....moo-juice.....

I prefer goat.

Everyone who has responded in this thread with an honest answer to this ridiculous question all are now dumber for doing so.

So you are now either dumber or dishonest (thumbs u

I expect this thread to be 700 posts long and locked up tighter than a fresh fish at cell block D by next Monday.

The great holiday noob massacre of 2010. :cloud9:

These are the things that legends are made of, aren't they...? :cloud9:

Or, people can allow that others in the hobby are not nearly as well informed as themselves, and post a civilised, straightforward reply.

I'm obviously missing something. Why would you automatically take the , rather than post a helpful answer. Serious question.

I expect this thread to be 700 posts long and locked up tighter than a fresh fish at cell block D by next Monday.

The great holiday noob massacre of 2010. :cloud9:

These are the things that legends are made of, aren't they...? :cloud9:

I just ask that the mods lock it without deleting it so those of us that will not be able to participate shall have something to read on Monday. :foryou:

My roommate who knows nothing about comics read this thread, and said the OP should ask for their tuition back from the college.

He almost spit out this drink when I told him the OP said he has a degree in Finance with a minor in economics.

:roflmao:

I wouldn't have bragged about that after starting this thread. That's just me though.

yep im new to collecting

but as far as i can tell these new moderns are just like going to a supermarket for the most part. especially since auctions are often competing against BINs.

Sorry if I sounded snarky. :foryou:

With the advent of the internet the face of economics have changed. That's why I mentioned supply and demand and F_T mentioned averages. There is so much volatility based on who is watching (is it midnite in Tokyo or New york? Is the Superbowl playing, is it the 4th of July?), how much money they have at the time (is it Payday?), and how many books are on the market at the same time that it's difficult to find a pattern or reason from a cursory glance.

If you subscribe to GPA, the average or mean value should be your guide.

Hope that helps.

(shrug)

He struck me as someone who asked an honest question. Seriously, what's the matter with you? How hard is it to post a civil response?

The matter with me is I despise people who don't have the education of a 6th grader, and ask questions that reflect that. :hi:

I'm flabbergasted. And also very glad that I was brought up different to you.

Merry Christmas.

Or, people can allow that others in the hobby are not nearly as well informed as themselves, and post a civilised, straightforward reply.

I'm obviously missing something. Why would you automatically take the , rather than post a helpful answer. Serious question.

And people can quit trying to pick fights and instead read and respond to the straightforward and serious replies that have been made already in the thread. (thumbs u

And people can quit trying to pick fights and instead read and respond to the straightforward and serious replies that have been made already in the thread. (thumbs u

I don't pick fights, ever. I can't abide bullies.

I acknowledged that some have made helpful replies. Can you explain, for example, the buffoon that is spiderman-on-tilt?

yep im new to collecting

With the advent of the internet the face of economics have changed. That's why I mentioned supply and demand and F_T mentioned averages. There is so much volatility based on who is watching (is it midnite in Tokyo or New york? Is the Superbowl playing, is it the 4th of July?), how much money they have at the time (is it Payday?), and how many books are on the market at the same time that it's difficult to find a pattern or reason from a cursory glance.

Hope that helps.

(shrug)

and like i said said to you via PM i was just as curious if i was buying a comic that wasn't worth what i thought it was and that's why the price was lower.

what this thread evolved into really shows the dark side of some people when someone new to a hobby such as this tries to understand it by comparing it to something else.

too much hate and actual nastiness coming out here.. Like the negative people here really think they can judge someone based upon a quick question written on an internet message board.

I'm flabbergasted. And also very glad that I was brought up different to you.

Merry Christmas.

Then my job is done. ;)

To me the OP has to be a shill cause no one with that educational background he is saying he has could possibly ask something so completely stupid.

No wonder the USA has terrible test scores. :eyeroll:

I to majored in Finance with a minor in Economics at college, and I guess I was lucky to be able to understand simple economics back when I was in middle school.

yep im new to collecting

Hope that helps.

(shrug)

and like i said said to you via PM i was just as curious if i was buying a comic that wasn't worth what i thought it was and that's why the price was lower.

what this thread evolved into really shows the dark side of some people when someone new to a hobby such as this tries to understand it by comparing it to something else.

too much hate and actual nastiness coming out here.. Like the negative people here really think they can judge someone based upon a quick question written on an internet message board.

The negatively or what I call are you kidding me factor is no one can grasp how you are curious of the $8.00 difference of a worldly known commonly traded book.

If you paid $100.00 and you saw the next one go for $50.00 then I can see maybe this thread having some validity, but $8.00 dude really........really?

You dug your own hole of looking pretty non-educated.