• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How does this happen

157 posts in this topic

t'other
My new favorite contraction.

Dear SoT:

Ive seen you post worse.

Happy Christmas,

Green

ahh you are just mad cause I didn't sell you any Hulks weeks ago. :hi:

I have my masters in finance with an undergrad minor in economics.

I wouldn't have bragged about that after starting this thread. That's just me though.

:baiting:

yep im new to collecting

but as far as i can tell these new moderns are just like going to a supermarket for the most part. especially since auctions are often competing against BINs.

Sorry if I sounded snarky. :foryou:

With the advent of the internet the face of economics have changed. That's why I mentioned supply and demand and F_T mentioned averages. There is so much volatility based on who is watching (is it midnite in Tokyo or New york? Is the Superbowl playing, is it the 4th of July?), how much money they have at the time (is it Payday?), and how many books are on the market at the same time that it's difficult to find a pattern or reason from a cursory glance.

If you subscribe to GPA, the average or mean value should be your guide.

Hope that helps.

(shrug)

and like i said said to you via PM i was just as curious if i was buying a comic that wasn't worth what i thought it was and that's why the price was lower.

what this thread evolved into really shows the dark side of some people when someone new to a hobby such as this tries to understand it by comparing it to something else.

too much hate and actual nastiness coming out here.. Like the negative people here really think they can judge someone based upon a quick question written on an internet message board.

The negatively or what I call are you kidding me factor is no one can grasp how you are curious of the $8.00 difference of a worldly known commonly traded book.

If you paid $100.00 and you saw the next one go for $50.00 then I can see maybe this thread having some validity, but $8.00 dude really........really?

You dug your own hole of looking pretty non-educated.

Did you miss the part when i was asking about NM 98 have a $50-75 difference as well. I sort of knew the KJ ws a bad example but it was one i knew as i just bought it.

I don't know the modern market well and I was wondering if i was somehow buying a bad copy that happened to be a 9.8.

Just like i didn't realize PQ had such an important effect for graded comics at first. I initially thought PQ was included in the grade not an actual seperate thing to look for.

I wouldn't have bragged about that after starting this thread. That's just me though.

yep im new to collecting

but as far as i can tell these new moderns are just like going to a supermarket for the most part. especially since auctions are often competing against BINs.

With the advent of the internet the face of economics have changed. That's why I mentioned supply and demand and F_T mentioned averages. There is so much volatility based on who is watching (is it midnite in Tokyo or New york? Is the Superbowl playing, is it the 4th of July?), how much money they have at the time (is it Payday?), and how many books are on the market at the same time that it's difficult to find a pattern or reason from a cursory glance.

Hope that helps.

(shrug)

and like i said said to you via PM i was just as curious if i was buying a comic that wasn't worth what i thought it was and that's why the price was lower.

what this thread evolved into really shows the dark side of some people when someone new to a hobby such as this tries to understand it by comparing it to something else.

too much hate and actual nastiness coming out here.. Like the negative people here really think they can judge someone based upon a quick question written on an internet message board.

No, it showed a bunch of guys in the men's locker room snapping towels at each other. It stings a little but nobody really got sent home with a black eye.

(shrug)

At least not until S.O.T showed up.

:insane:

Being a "Noob" and a complete dope are totally different.

Gee I wonder which one the OP appears to be. :eyeroll:

He struck me as someone who asked an honest question. Seriously, what's the matter with you? How hard is it to post a civil response?

The matter with me is I despise people who don't have the education of a 6th grader, and ask questions that reflect that. :hi:

Everyone who has responded in this thread with an honest answer to this ridiculous question all are now dumber for doing so.

Merry Christmas. (thumbs u

I'm flabbergasted. And also very glad that I was brought up different to you.

Merry Christmas.

Then my job is done. ;)

To me the OP has to be a shill cause no one with that educational background he is saying he has could possibly ask something so completely stupid.

No wonder the USA has terrible test scores. :eyeroll:

I to majored in Finance with a minor in Economics at college, and I guess I was lucky to be able to understand simple economics back when I was in middle school.

Good for you, mate.

I'll resist the temptation to list my own qualifications. What I will say is, despite them, I don't profess to know everything about everything. Sometimes, I ask questions of others, to further my knowledge in a particular field. And you know what, in real life, I always get the answers, but without the smartarse attitude of which you're so fond. And where I come from, that makes the world go round.

yep im new to collecting

Hope that helps.

(shrug)

The negatively or what I call are you kidding me factor is no one can grasp how you are curious of the $8.00 difference of a worldly known commonly traded book.

If you paid $100.00 and you saw the next one go for $50.00 then I can see maybe this thread having some validity, but $8.00 dude really........really?

Did you miss the part when i was asking about NM 98 have a $50-75 difference as well. I sort of knew the KJ ws a bad example but it was one i knew as i just bought it.

I don't know the modern market well and I was wondering if i was somehow buying a bad copy that happened to be a 9.8.

Just like i didn't realize PQ had such an important effect for graded comics at first. I initially thought PQ was included in the grade not an actual seperate thing to look for.

Well most of us are just busting your balls a little bit, it is really all in good fun. lol

I say the same stuff to anyone I know.

Honestly the boards get a lot of what looks like a baiting shill thread, so if you are not a shill and really are asking this question then the simple answer is the book (like the NM 98) are traded so much daily on all the auction sites they will consistently fluctuate up and down all the time. So an $8.00 difference is really nothing to get concerned up.

Happy Holidays. ;)

thank you. i will admit i wrote the OP in haste and should have clarified myself better.

$8 was probably a stupid example to use as well.

I am somewhat fascinated by the HG SA MA market as a couple of spine ticks can mean the difference in the thousands

I figured i would ask this question while i was buying $50 comics because if i stay at it i don't want to wonder if i did something stupid when i get to a $500-$1000-10,000 comics.

And no I am not a shill. people in the GA forum can attest to that I hope.

yep im new to collecting

Hope that helps.

(shrug)

Well most of us are just busting your balls a little bit, it is really all in good fun. lol

I say the same stuff to anyone I know.

Honestly the boards get a lot of what looks like a baiting shill thread, so if you are not a shill and really are asking this question then the simple answer is the book (like the NM 98) are traded so much daily on all the auction sites they will consistently fluctuate up and down all the time. So an $8.00 difference is really nothing to get concerned up.

Happy Holidays. ;)

Is that a honest answer? hm

:jokealert:

Sometimes, I ask questions of others, to further my knowledge in a particular field. And you know what, in real life, I always get the answers, but without the smartarse attitude of which you're so fond.

I bet if you asked the clerk at Xtra Mart why his soda costs 8 cents more than the ones at 7-11 you'd get a smartarse answer ;)

BTW, I am not from Carolina :sumo:

Or, people can allow that others in the hobby are not nearly as well informed as themselves, and post a civilised, straightforward reply.

I'm obviously missing something. Why would you automatically take the , rather than post a helpful answer. Serious question.

And people can quit trying to pick fights and instead read and respond to the straightforward and serious replies that have been made already in the thread. (thumbs u

I don't pick fights, ever. I can't abide bullies.

I acknowledged that some have made helpful replies. Can you explain, for example, the buffoon that is spiderman-on-tilt?

S.O.T. is usually quite timid, dont know what's the matter? :roflmao:

It really has to be the dumbest question ever. (shrug)

Sometimes, I ask questions of others, to further my knowledge in a particular field. And you know what, in real life, I always get the answers, but without the smartarse attitude of which you're so fond.

I bet if you asked the clerk at Xtra Mart why his soda costs 8 cents more than the ones at 7-11 you'd get a smartarse answer ;)

Carolina Comics hm

Can you explain, for example, the buffoon that is spiderman-on-tilt?

He's from Philly :baiting:

Phillies spring training here I come. :cloud9:

Can you explain, for example, the buffoon that is spiderman-on-tilt?

He's from Philly :baiting:

The home to the Flyers "choke" Sixers "choke" Eagles "Choke" :baiting:

:jokealert:

Sixers have to make the playoffs before they can choke. :baiting:

Flyers didn't choke last year, got beat by a better team. This year they are looking pretty good. :whistle:

Eagles yup i agree been choking since Any Reid took over as head coach in 1999, so let see if Vick can finally deliver a championship.

Carolina Comics hm

Yeah, there's a lot of shills out there giving us shills a bad name and I just wanna nip it in the bud!

Mmmmmm, bud... :grin: