• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How does this happen

157 posts in this topic

too much time on your hands that you needed to post this? maybe i should pull out my knives with the snark as well?

Or is economic theory as it relates to the marketplace too much for you to grasp and add a worthwhile comment to?

What theory of economics did you learn that proposes items should sell for precisely the same price they sold at the time before and the time before that? :insane:

I just recently purchased a copy of Batman the killing joke 9.8 for $52 ebay.

I see another one up with 4 hours left to go already at 60.

Same thing seems to happen with New Mutants 98 9.8.

Shouldn't the price stay fairly constant?

Is it just the people not looking, the timing on when the auction ends. Or is there really much of a difference between 9.8's?

From the scans I can't really see any difference.

Just curious as I look at these type of comics as a commodity that is easily traded especially with volume. (i.e. there will be another one sold tomorrow, next week etc.)

Do you also count your cutlery? (shrug)

too much time on your hands that you needed to post this? maybe i should pull out my knives with the snark as well?

Or is economic theory as it relates to the marketplace too much for you to grasp and add a worthwhile comment to?

:popcorn:

I love these threads and find them impossible to stay out of.

I'm going to start one tomorrow.

Just need to find a CGC comic that sold for a little less than the yearly average and I'm going to do it. hm Better get to work. Check my posts tomorrow for some mind blowing stuff.

To the O.P., don't mind me, I'm a noob too :banana:

Me and you/seanfingh, let's agree to disagree.

I'm a big fan of good manners and common courtesy, as a default; you're a pair of tits.

Happy Christmas!

Hug a n00b.

Go yourself.

Happy Christmas!

Thank you. (Defaulted to good manners, despite my better instinct.)

Hey, give Tony more respect. :sumo:

He's a top guy...just a little behind the curve on noob-baiting. :/

Tony, all the best to you and yours for Christmas. (thumbs u

You too, mate, all the very best. (You can probably put a considerable chunk of my crankiness down to the fact that Hodgson's still in charge!)

Hodgson is the best thing that has happened to Liverpool in a long time

You're an Arsenal fan, right?

:banana:

Just need to find a CGC comic that sold for a little less than the yearly average and I'm going to do it. hm Better get to work. Check my posts tomorrow for some mind blowing stuff.

I'm a big fan of good manners and common courtesy, as a default; you're a pair of tits.

Happy Christmas!

Hug a n00b.

Go yourself.

Happy Christmas!

You too, mate, all the very best. (You can probably put a considerable chunk of my crankiness down to the fact that Hodgson's still in charge!)

You're an Arse fan, right?

Fixed that for you! (thumbs u

The last thing we need is for this thread to get civilized :insane:

:jokealert:

Happy Christmas!

Hug a n00b.

Go yourself.

Happy Christmas!

You're an Arsenal fan, right?

:banana:

Well, the best of luck. Sooner you than Utd or Chelsea.

Hodgson has his sights set on a top-half finish for us. Yay.

Is it just the people not looking, the timing on when the auction ends. Or is there really much of a difference between 9.8's?

Just curious as I look at these type of comics as a commodity that is easily traded especially with volume. (i.e. there will be another one sold tomorrow, next week etc.)

Judging by your original post, we're lucky that your could spell 'economics theory', much less understand it.

You could start with 'averages'.

Just sayin'...

What theory of economics did you learn that proposes items should sell for precisely the same price they sold at the time before and the time before that? :insane:

when supply equals demand the cost should stay constant. these books as far as i see are constantly available. in a row of products for sale the one right behind the other cost the same.

ever been to a supermarket?

Happy Christmas!

The British guy said tits! Tee hee :)

when supply equals demand the cost should stay constant. these books as far as i see are constantly available. in a row of products for sale the one right behind the other cost the same.

Your macroeconomics 101 textbook that you're quoting is boring me.

Just sayin. (shrug)

Judging by your original post, we're lucky that your could spell 'economics theory', much less understand it.

Just sayin'...

ah grammar police. you have now failed at this thread.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Just sayin'...

Et tu, Nick? Bloody 'ell, no margin for error at all, in asking a question?

Btw, very nice win at City t'other night.

Just sayin'...

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

:popcorn:

Arrrgggghhhh!!!! Why can't you fellows take the trouble to quote only that to which you really want to reply? All these multiple quotes are space wasters.

rantrant

You really have joined the wrong board if that is gonna upset you.

Buying comic books is like buying canned corn, huh?

Your "analysis" fails to consider the following variables, which are only some of those influencing comic sale prices:

- the selling venue

- the reputation of the seller

- the format of the sale

- the page quality

- the cover registration

- the staple placement

- the number of potential buyers for each comic

- the number of comics in the same grade available for sale at the same time

- the aggressiveness with respect to price of each potential buyer for each comic

Finally, you seem unaware that even supermarket items sell at different prices, depending on the particular market, its location, the time of year, the spending power of the local customer base, etc...

Just sayin'...

No, the emphasis was not on the use of language.

The emphasis was solely on your lack of intelligence.

Apologies for the misunderstanding. :(

Have you ever been to a supermarket where groceries are auctioned off? I'm betting milk prices by the litre will vary from one sale to the next unless they are all set at the same reserve.

(thumbs u

I have my masters in finance with an undergrad minor in economics.

I wouldn't have bragged about that after starting this thread. That's just me though.

:baiting:

I expect this thread to be 700 posts long and locked up tighter than a fresh fish at cell block D by next Monday.

The great holiday noob massacre of 2010. :cloud9: