• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How does this happen

157 posts in this topic

I just recently purchased a copy of Batman the killing joke 9.8 for $52 ebay.

I see another one up with 4 hours left to go already at 60.

Same thing seems to happen with New Mutants 98 9.8.

Shouldn't the price stay fairly constant?

Is it just the people not looking, the timing on when the auction ends. Or is there really much of a difference between 9.8's?

From the scans I can't really see any difference.

Just curious as I look at these type of comics as a commodity that is easily traded especially with volume. (i.e. there will be another one sold tomorrow, next week etc.)

It's eBay. Anything can happen. :devil:

Seriously though, it could be all about timing. Maybe the people who bid the KJ book $8 higher than your auction got their Xmas bonus this week. Maybe they lowballed on your win and now they just set the bar higher. Could be shills.

Not much difference in $52 and $60. I'd say that's pretty "constant".

Not sure the range on NM #98. But I'd guess high/lows could be as far apart as $30 on any given week.

Okay I guess I just needed confirmation. Makes me wonder if I shoudl target "common" 9.8 moderns that end at weird times.

I won my KJ 9.8 on an auction that ended at like 12am last saturday.

The one I referenced ends at 6pm EST today.

um I have a gpa account. thanks for your help :baiting: 12month average is $60.

Don't know where you are getting 30-40 from. those were outliers just like the $150's were as well.

I am a finance person who just had questions about the reason common HG books have a 10%+ flucuation in the same week.

You do realize you could just ignore this thread right?

I've seen worse on ComicLink. I've had my eyes on a few Tarzan comics, and missed out on some < $30 deals for 9.8 books. Now, however, there's one with an asking price of over $100.

Of course, that hasn't sold yet, so who knows what I'm talking about.

I'm truly shocked it sold for $8 under the 12 month average. doh!

Seriously O.P., buy yourself a GPA account. There have been multiple sales under $52 dollars in the last 12 months. Sales in the 30's and the 40's. I don't understand what the big deal is.

I went to a local drug store and they had a Wii Remote+ controllor (with motion sensor) for $39.99. Another store had the same controller selling for 44.99.

How does this happen?

:cry:

Okay I guess I just needed confirmation. Makes me wonder if I shoudl target "common" 9.8 moderns that end at weird times.

I won my KJ 9.8 on an auction that ended at like 12am last saturday.

The one I referenced ends at 6pm EST today.

That's your answer.

Seriously O.P., buy yourself a GPA account. There have been multiple sales under $52 dollars in the last 12 months. Sales in the 30's and the 40's. I don't understand what the big deal is.

I went to a local drug store and they had a Wii Remote+ controllor (with motion sensor) for $39.99. Another store had the same controller selling for 44.99.

How does this happen?

:cry:

tinfoil-hat.jpg

Don't know where you are getting 30-40 from. those were outliers just like the $150's were as well.

I am a finance person who just had questions about the reason common HG books have a 10%+ flucuation in the same week.

N00bs.

Winning friends and influencing people since 2002. (thumbs u

N00bs.

Mate, he asked a genuine question and got his head bit off. He's bitten back ,very politely.

It's often the long-time posters on here, rather than the "noobs", who have plenty to learn about winning friends and influencing people.

With respect.

I just recently purchased a copy of Batman the killing joke 9.8 for $52 ebay.

I see another one up with 4 hours left to go already at 60.

Same thing seems to happen with New Mutants 98 9.8.

Shouldn't the price stay fairly constant?

Is it just the people not looking, the timing on when the auction ends. Or is there really much of a difference between 9.8's?

From the scans I can't really see any difference.

Just curious as I look at these type of comics as a commodity that is easily traded especially with volume. (i.e. there will be another one sold tomorrow, next week etc.)

Page color will also influence the final price.

N00bs.

Mate, he asked a genuine question and got his head bit off. He's bitten back ,very politely.

It's often the long-time posters on here, rather than the "noobs", who have plenty to learn about winning friends and influencing people.

With respect.

How is this:

getting his head bitten off?

He got some serious answers, and he got this one, intimating that it was kind of a silly thing to start a thread about. I kind of agree that it is a silly thread, but what the hey, it's general and it is almost Friday.

Being disrespected is one thing. The OP was not even close to being disrespected. Not even close. Look up some of my posts to Homerwannabe for a primer on that.

If people think that N00bs need to be coddled, and have their fannies rubbed, and told that they and their threads are special, those people are wrong.

N00bs.

With respect.

How is this:

getting his head bitten off?

He got some serious answers, and he got this one, intimating that it was kind of a silly thing to start a thread about. I kind of agree that it is a silly thread, but what the hey, it's general and it is almost Friday.

Being disrespected is one thing. The OP was not even close to being disrespected. Not even close. Look up some of my posts to Homerwannabe for a primer on that.

If people think that N00bs need to be coddled, and have their fannies rubbed, and told that they and their threads are special, those people are wrong.

Yes, he got some serious answers; Storm Shadow's was quite clearly sarcy. He responded in kind.

The fact that some other poor bugger got it worse doesn't justify SS's bad manners.

As for your last paragraph...absolutely laughable. You should grow up.