• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 20 Most Ridiculous Batman Comics

24 posts in this topic

http://www.cracked.com/article_16870_the-20-most-ridiculous-batman-comics-ever-released.html?wa_user1=2&wa_user2=Movies+%26+TV&wa_user3=article&wa_user4=flashback

Obviously an old article but the first time I had read it. It gave me a better chuckle than the other measuring contests going on at the moment.

I hurt myself laughing at #9. lol

Enjoy. :)

most people say I will start collecting Bats when I finish my ASM run

and I say NO, because I am a completist and the 60's Bats were just nutso!

:insane:

I have never read the older Batman books. Anybody who has read them and want to chime in on the stories? I have wondered if the stories were as "unique" as some of the covers.

I have never read the older Batman books. Anybody who has read them and want to chime in on the stories? I have wondered if the stories were as "unique" as some of the covers.

They are almost single-handedly responsible for the rise of marvel superheroes.

The buffoon who wrote the article seems to have forgotten that they're supposed to be "funny books". And Batman #133 is one of my very favourites from the entire Batman run.

Not a very good list. There are covers far more ridiculous than most of those. Where's Batgirl with a run in her stocking?

That's another one I really like!

:tonofbricks:

Definitely a lot of material to pick from so limiting to the 20 worst would be a challenge. Speaking as someone who own the entire run I can say a lot of the GA stories are pretty campy. Not my thing but if you like that sort of stuff you might enjoy them. The stuff from the 70s are probably the best especially with Neal Adams artwork.

I do have a couple of older Bats and this one stood out.

DC282c.jpg

DC2821.jpg

DC2822.jpg

DC2823.jpg

DC2824.jpg

DC2825.jpg

DC2826.jpg

DC2827.jpg

DC2828.jpg

DC2829.jpg

DC28210.jpg

DC28211.jpg

DC28212.jpg

DC28213.jpg

I think I might also post this in Silver to rebut the claim that early Marvels (i.e., Avengers) were incredibly corny.

In comparison, I'd say that early Marvels were Pulitzer prize material.

I think I might also post this in Silver to rebut the claim that early Marvels (i.e., Avengers) were incredibly corny.

Thanks for posting that issue. (thumbs u That was fun to read. Yeah, pretty corny but as a 12 year old it was probably pretty darn cool. At least the covers are related to the story.

The buffoon who wrote the article seems to have forgotten that they're supposed to be "funny books". And Batman #133 is one of my very favourites from the entire Batman run.

Not a very good list. There are covers far more ridiculous than most of those. Where's Batgirl with a run in her stocking?

That's another one I really like!

:tonofbricks:

I bought a Bats 133 on the boards today from Shiverbones :luhv:

DC28213.jpg

First, many thanks for posting this gem.

Second, I wanted to make note regarding the last panel in the story; LOVE that 1960 Batmobile.

"The Joker's Comedy of Errors!" in Batman 66 is what immediately came to mind when I read the subject line for this thread. Classic! I cannot help but chuckle just thinking about that issue.

That is the infamous issue with all those boner jokes in it right???