• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Many Copies Of Superman #204 Will You...

38 posts in this topic

Oh, how about two? (one to read, one to store)

I got burned on UFF #1 because I bought two, then they're not worth anything anyway because a billion other people did, too.

I'm inclined to agree. This one will be mass produced most likely.

I know a guy who bought 100 copies of UFF#1. 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

I got burned on UFF #1 because I bought two, then they're not worth anything anyway because a billion other people did, too.

That's bad, but here's an age-adjusted comparative anecdote...

When I was about 14, I spent an entire two week's worth of allowance stockpiling Shatter #1.

That's not as much cheddar as 100 UFF's, but for a kid on a bike that was a major gaffe.

Oh, hell--someday I'll be laughing at myself for buying a restored AF15, but right now I don't regret it in the least! cloud9.gif

What grade on the AF#15?

That's bad, but here's an age-adjusted comparative anecdote...

When I was about 14, I spent an entire two week's worth of allowance stockpiling Shatter #1.

That's not as much cheddar as 100 UFF's, but for a kid on a bike that was a major gaffe.

Oh, hell--someday I'll be laughing at myself for buying a restored AF15, but right now I don't regret it in the least! cloud9.gif

I am buying enough copies that my Diamond rep was required to call me to verify that my order wasn't a typo... 893whatthe.gif

But he was also required to ask me whether I was sure my order was "zero" on about 22 other items including a bunch of Hero-Clix and Yu-Gi-Oh! [!@#%^&^]...

This book will be the first major release from DC since they put the smackdown on Bulldog... It will be interesting to see how many retailers get caught with their pants down on this book, since they have been so used to being able to get extra copies in the past when a DC book got hot... At least half the retailers in the country have neither the cash flow nor the desire to speculate on books. So I expect you will see initial regional shortages, but who knows how the book will play out in the long run... confused-smiley-013.gif