• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2011 book club

1,225 posts in this topic

Failed miserably this year. Lost my Dad in January, and just never got the reading bug back.

Congrats to everyone who did do this though. I am glad I was at least able to contribute this idea. Kudos to all who didn't make it as well. At least the attempt was fun. Don't ever forget that. (thumbs u

I am sorry to hear about your Dad.

Yes, very sorry to hear about your father as well.

Thought I would have made it this year :( but thing's got in the way. Darn work and kids lol

Still got a few in before the year ended.....

Morning Glories V2- 6 issues ( (thumbs u Super cool series!)

5 Ronin- 5 issues (Just o.k.)

Time Bomb- 4 issues (Fun read, but too many plot holes. Great art.)

Justice League: Generation Lost V2- 12 issues (Loved this series! :applause: )

World's Finest- 6 issues (This is the 2010 mini series. One big yawn zzz The 2 reprints in the back of the book were much better, but I had read them before...)

Wraithborn- 6 issues (Decent, nothing special.)

Skarr: King Of The Savage Land- 5 issues (What a piece of :censored: )

Joe The Barbarian- 8 issues (Great, fun read (thumbs u )

The Boys V9- 12 issues (Still one of my favorite books being published! (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u )

Fables V16- 7 issues (Enjoyed it, but I thought it was one of the weaker trades)

Thunderbolts: Violent Rejection- 6 issues (Still enjoying this series, but nothing great.)

Scalped V8- 7 issues (Still loving this book (thumbs u )

Only 930 comics read in 2011, but it sure was fun trying :banana:

I read a bunch of comics in the airports and on the flights back from San Francisco, so I will be listng those in the 2012 thread.

Happy New Year to all!

Aye Carumba!

Not only did I not meet my goal, but it took me almost two months into 2012 to complete my last update (find the stack and notate the books read)

Sheesh Kebab!

Global Frequency 1-12 (12 issues)

Transmetropolitan 1-27 (27 issues)

Jonah Hex (v2) 20-54 (35 issues)

Transmetropolitan 28-56 (29 issues)

Pigeons from Hell TPB (4 issues)

Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows TPB (6 issues)

for a total of 113 for my last bunch

Added to my 222 (that has been on my graphic for a LONG time) my total for the year was

335 doh!