• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2011 book club

1,225 posts in this topic

Well it's the final day of 2011 and my quest is done :grin:

These are the final books I read this year (it's after midnight over here and when I wake up I won't have time to read any more today)

Fables 28 - 80

B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth - Russia #3 + #4

Batman & Robin #4

Formic Wars Silent Strike #1

Iron Man 2.0 #11

Ressurection Man #4

Stormwatch #4

The Shade #3

The Walking Dead #92

61 books added.

Like some of you I started on January 1st 2011 and tried to read every day. I think I read a few comics at least on 90% of the days. There were also crazy days where I read over 50 comics and needed a game of basketball against my kids in the evening to set the balance straight :grin:

August was my best month with 311 comics read, well a beach holiday and a trunk full of trades will do that to you.

November was the weakest month, only 88 comics read. I think the main reason is that it was the month where I reached my goal of 2000 comics and I kinda fell into a little hole.

The grand total is 2245 comics read in 2011... a lot more than I would have ever expected when I started 364 days ago. I think I read more comics this year than I have in the rest of my life combined. For years I was a collector, not a reader. I was accumulating and storing...this little contests has changed me, hopefully for ever. I still have a few thousand comics in my collection that remain unread and my pull list on average has about 25 titles each month, so it's safe to say that I'll be up and ready to start a new reading quest in 2012.

See you there ;)

That's alot of comics! So, I didn't quite make it to 1,000 but close enough at 969. Here's the list in case anyone wants to look - http://listography.com/1463182659

Final entries for 2011:

Batman in the Fifties TPB - Loved it!

Batman in the Sixties TPB - Loved it but had problems with the story selection as there are too many only published one of a two parters story. Luckily, I have many of those issues.

Justice League Unlimited 16 & 28 - While this series isn't the strongest in the DCuA, it always has a lot of heart.

DC Special Series #21 - Holiday Special - Interesting that the horror side was including in the holdiay special.

If the boards continue this in the new year, I have plenty more comics. I am going to kick off with some fantasy type ones after I read Fruits Baskets.

i am not going to make it :sorry:

I have a giant stack that I still have to collate/list, so I will have more than the 222 that has languished on my comic meter for months. (Good thing i changed my meter to a turtle!)

Trying to finish up Transmetropolitan run to do my final count. Got like 10 issues left to go

I read a lot yesterday, but not sure if I'm going to make it...

New Avenger 2 - 13

Avengers 319 - 332

Avengers Forever 1 - 7

Combat Kelly 1

Thor 190, 192, 193

Special Marvel Edition 15

Captain America 117 to 127

Star Wars 1 - 38 (some corny stuff here and there)

GS Defenders 1 - 5

GS Doc Savage 1

DD 43

GI Joe Special Missions 1 - 23

GS Power Man 1

Dark Horse Presents (new) 1

Cap 5, 6 (new)

Moon Knight 8 )new)

Valen The Outcast 1

Good luck everybody. Go for it. (thumbs u (Try Bendis USM or all of the silent issues someone listed early in the year. ;) )

Found and read Reed Gunther 1-6 this week. I've been in a lighter mood lately (Brave & Bold, Incredibles) and this series is all-ages fun. Highly recommended. (thumbs u

1207 comics read this year.

:sorry: I stopped tracking circa July / August. I believe I was on target to have read somewhere around 650 at the rate I had been reading up to that point but the Fall semester was busier for me than anticipated and I probably slowed down so, let's call it 600-ish. Though a FAIL as per the dictate of the club I did enjoy this reading year quite a bit as I mixed it up with reading strip reprint collections, my current pile of moderns and revisiting series from the long boxes. It was fun to see y'all adding to your counters. See you in 2012!

Here we go and I've been drinking...onel y a few beers at this point, which is more than I've had in the last six months at least.

The Light and Darkness War 1 - 4 (loce Cam Kennedy's Star Wars stuff)

Shanna the She-Devil 1 - 3 (Steranko goodness)

Daredevil 43 (SA)

Cap annual 8

Ewoks 1 (who collects this stuff????)

Champions 1 - 9

Jonah Hex 1

Uncanny X-Men 131 - 134 (Hellfire Club)

Strange tales 115

tales to Astonish 36

The Atom 1 (All SA books make me wish I was born in a different era)

Iron Man 1 - 15, 128

Star Reach 1

night Nurse 1 ("Why, thank you, Mr. Michaels" :blush: )

Preacher 1 - 36

Failed miserably this year. Lost my Dad in January, and just never got the reading bug back.

Congrats to everyone who did do this though. I am glad I was at least able to contribute this idea. Kudos to all who didn't make it as well. At least the attempt was fun. Don't ever forget that. (thumbs u

Congrats to everyone who made it to the 1000+ club. :applause:

And thanks to everyone who shared what comics they were reading (and their reviews of what they thought of them). I've added quite a few comic series to my reading list thanks to this thread. (thumbs u

So should we just continue this thread for the 2012 book club? :popcorn:

Failed miserably this year. Lost my Dad in January, and just never got the reading bug back.

Congrats to everyone who did do this though. I am glad I was at least able to contribute this idea. Kudos to all who didn't make it as well. At least the attempt was fun. Don't ever forget that. (thumbs u

I am sorry to hear about your Dad.