• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2011 book club

1,225 posts in this topic

PunisherMax: Bullseye- 6 issues ( (thumbs u Sick and twisted Bullseye! Good Stuff if ya like the Punisher Max version)

PunisherMax: Frank- 5 issues ( (thumbs u Love the new take on why Frank became the Punisher!)

Osborn- 5 issues (Just o.k., but a preety cool look inside the Goblin's head.)

Supergod- 5 issues (While I thought it was good, I expected more from Warren Ellis.)

The Sixth Gun: V1- 6 issues ( (thumbs u Fun stuff! Thanks to Norinn Radd for the "heads up" on reminding me to pick this series up (worship) I am already half way through V2. )

846 comics read since Jan. 1st

A little more reading this week, besides the new comics I've also started reading Jack Kirby's 4th World, a brand new series for me and to be honest an acquired taste at the moment. I'm reading the books chronologically and have managed 9 books so far.

Anyway 34 comics added

Jimmy Olsen #133

Jimmy Olsen #134

Jimmy Olsen #135

Forever People #1

New Gods #1

Mister Miracle #1

Jimmy Olsen #136

New Gods #2

Forever People #2

Batman #3

Batman & Robin #3

Catwoman #3

Conan & the Midnight god 1-5

Conan and the songs of the Dead 1-5

Daredevil #5

Demon Knights #3

LOSH #3

Moon Knight #7

Planet of the Apes #7

Resurrection man #3

Stormwatch #1-#3

Suicide Squad #3

Walking Dead #91

Wonder Woman #3

2099 comics read in 2011 :cloud9:

Started reading Batman Brave & Bold (1 thru 8). Light and enjoyable tales just like the cartoon. :D

Finally capitulated and started reading DC's New 52 Bat titles...

Batman 1 & 2 were good. (thumbs u

Detective 1 & 2 were pretty bad. :(

Batgirl 1 & 2 were just ok. meh

Nightwing 1 & 2 were by far the most interesting. :popcorn: Looking forward to reading more.

Also found and read Batman Hidden Treasures. It has a good Solomon Grundy versus Batman story and a recreation of the story from Swamp Thing 7. Classic! :cloud9:

1141 comics read this year. :ohnoez:

A little more reading this week, besides the new comics I've also started reading Jack Kirby's 4th World, a brand new series for me and to be honest an acquired taste at the moment. I'm reading the books chronologically and have managed 9 books so far.

Really? I just got volume 1 omnibus and am looking forward to reading it. DC is releasing the series in softcover omnibus next year so I can pick up the second one in the set then.

Have you read The Demon vol 1? I am fan of the character so I loved it.

Really? I just got volume 1 omnibus and am looking forward to reading it. DC is releasing the series in softcover omnibus next year so I can pick up the second one in the set then.

I've never read any 70s DC at all (excluding LOSH) ...so it's all new to me.

The first three books of the Fourth World saga I just read where the three Jimmy Olsons and that was a struggle to get through. I've never liked Superman or his world, so it's a leap for me. Plus form these issues I get the impression that Kirby went to DC with a million ideas and wanted to use at least half of them all at once. But I did like Mr. Miracle, The New Gods and Forever People...hoping the next 40 issues will be more like these and less like the Jimmy Olsons

I've never read any 70s DC at all (excluding LOSH) ...so it's all new to me.

The first three books of the Fourth World saga I just read where the three Jimmy Olsons and that was a struggle to get through. I've never liked Superman or his world, so it's a leap for me. Plus form these issues I get the impression that Kirby went to DC with a million ideas and wanted to use at least half of them all at once. But I did like Mr. Miracle, The New Gods and Forever People...hoping the next 40 issues will be more like these and less like the Jimmy Olsons

The decision to collect the Jimmy Olson issues was the reason I didn't purchase the omnibus editions when they first were released. Now, I am stuck getting the softcover for the volumes that are out of print. I have a list of collected editions from the 70's I could post for you to look through. I love DC BA period but that is just me. Happy holidays and reading!

I so failed at the 1000 books in 2012 though I did grade and page through thousands of comics. :)

Going to console myself with reading the latest Fables and Northlanders trades.

You still have a year for the 2012 club, right?

Jimmy Olsen #137 - #148

Forever People #3- #11

New Gods #3 - #11

Mister Miracle #3 - #18

Annihilators Earthfall #3

Batman The Dark Knight #3

Fantastic Four #600

Kick 2 #5

RASL #12

Teen Titans #3

The SHade #2

Ultimate Hawkeye #4

My first books for December, the final month of the quest :whatev:

I finished the entire 4th world run and have mixed feelings about it. Most of the art was spectacular, but I had trouble with some of the storylines. I thought Mister Miracle was by far the best of the bunch, but that series also suffered towards the end when I could sense the heavy hand of the DC editors too much. But then again some of the books (especially the New Gods series) where Kirby was given total control were a bit "out there". I did feel a tad sad when it all ended without a proper resolution, the Forever People has a sort of ending, but the other books didn't. I should read the Hunger Dogs graphic novel to see how Kirby wrapped it all up, but I've been warned that it's not very good.

Anyway, 54 comics added which brings the total to 2153 comics read in 2011.

I think I might make it to 2200 but that's going to be it...

Usagi #142 -another super done in one

Cap & Bucky #624- goodbye Brubaker = goodbye me

Rachel Rising #2

Undying Love #1

Punisher Meets Archie

Parliament of Justice- cool book

Toxic Gumbo

Seven Miles a Second

Night Raven: House of Cards- also pretty cool

Thunder Agents #1-10- Nick Spencer is very good

Proof #1-28- formerly hot series that i finally caught up with; the hype was deserved (especially the Julia arc) but what happened to the 'on timeness' ???